Safe methods for decongesting

mlm115

Mom
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for natural decongestants during pregnancy? I know steam is good, but anything else? I'm so uncomfortable!

I just drank warm to hot water often when i was decongested. You can take lemon drops, honey and lemon, cherry drops. I was advised to stay away from ricola drops due to the herbs, just as a precaution. You can take a lemon and honey drop into warm water and it's just as good as a hot tea. I'm sure there are things like netty pots but never used them before so can't comment on them. Vicks rub in the steam or breathing into the bottle also worked for me.

saline solution - I just used some 5 mins ago - gave me some brief relief

you could use a neti pot, fill it with warm water and mix with salt, then allow the water to flow down one nostril, and then the next. I do this whenever I am having sinus issues, the salt helps clear up the mucus fast. It's 100% safe, and you can do it as many times as you need/want.

You may not like the sounds of this, especially if you are nauseous, but gargling with coconut oil works wonders for my otherwise throbbing, burning sinuses.

Google Oil Pulling if you're interested, for a full explanation.

I've been doing this for months and what a difference! I used to have to pop decongestits like candy and was able to cut them out entirely, which comes in handy now that I'm pregnant and couldn't take them even if I wanted to.

Oh, and if you're wondering it doesn't really have any taste and once it melts it feels like you're just swishing warm water around your mouth.

Ayr saline nasal mist :thumbup: It really helps loosen things up.

https://www.pharmapacks.com/product_images/p/309/903669__74193_zoom.jpg

I haven't had this problem since being pregnant, but last winter I had the most miserable cold ever. i was so congested and my face was swollen. I was told to rub Vicks vapor rub on my feet before bed (and by rub, I mean coat them thickly with the stuff) and wear socks over them so as not to make a mess on the bed. the very next morning, my congestion was completely gone and I felt 90% better. So if it's safe to do during pregnancy, I DEFINITELY recommend that technique. Many many people swear by it (Google it ). GL!

I haven't had this problem since being pregnant, but last winter I had the most miserable cold ever. i was so congested and my face was swollen. I was told to rub Vicks vapor rub on my feet before bed (and by rub, I mean coat them thickly with the stuff) and wear socks over them so as not to make a mess on the bed. the very next morning, my congestion was completely gone and I felt 90% better. So if it's safe to do during pregnancy, I DEFINITELY recommend that technique. Many many people swear by it (Google it ). GL!

Just going to suggest this! My midwife advised me to do this in my last pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->