Sainsburys sickness

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
hi i wanted to know what the sickness method is?

i havent been off sick in 8 months when i was sick last i was on my second written warning.

has this all been taken off or how long does the warning last? xx

Sainsburys are complete arses when it comes to sickness hun.hubby says he thinks it 6 months it sits on your file.xx

thank you i hope it is 6 months cos i'm so worried about work and stuff xx

Surely you can't get warnings for being off sick can you?

Yea u can! thats how Sainsburys and i think other companys work hun xx

We get a warning after the 4th 'episode' at our work. Its s nice talking to by the manager. where they warn you any new instances will be at SSP only.................which it turns out is bull as we get 6 months full pay and then 3 months half.

Can your work legally give you a warning/disciplinary for being ill? Thought there were rules and regulations on that kind of thing? Like they cant fire you for being off sick if its jus tnow and then etc.

Surely you can't get warnings for being off sick can you?

Yep it's the same with asda, I've been off sick for two days on two separate occasions since I started working there and they sit you down and talk to you about it, why you were ill etc and it goes in your file and they act like it's some really serious thing.

The first time my manager basically told me that next time I'm not feeling well to come in anyway and they can see if I'm fit to work or not, ain't gonna happen I'm afraid, I know within myself whether I'm well enough to work or not and tbh im not getting in my car and driving to work if can barely concentrate, I'd rather not put myself and other drivers at risk. They don't call it a warning as such but they do make you feel like you're getting punished for being ill. It affects your attendence which they don't like dropping below a certain amount and all that rubbish.

I really resent it tbh, if i'm ill I'm ill, not like I can help it:shrug:

Yep they do at sainsburys...get this,in their policy it clearly states as a food handler if you have sickness or a dodgy tum,you cant go in...yet they will give you a disciplinary for it!also time off for dependants doesn't exist in sainsburys world..you can get a warning for that too!x

I think its pretty standard in most companys as otherwise people would just take the pee with sickness. My company is 3 instances of absence in 3 months or 8 days (whichever comes first) and you get a disciplinary which could result in a verbal warning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->