Sam and Emily my little miracles are here.

Mea

Mum to 3 miracles.
Reaction score
I have at last got 5 minutes peace to write my birth story, Sam and Emily are asleep, Josh my 3 year old has just gone to bed, and DH is down the pub with his brother wetting the babies heads. So i have a glass of wine and the lap top on the sofa.

I went to see the midwife on Tuesday 22cd at 37 weeks pregnant with my twins, i had been having loads of braxton hicks the night before so the midwife said she would do an internal to see what was going on. She told me that she could touch twin 1's head and i was 3cm dilated. I went home all excited thinking that i would be going into labour soon but then read on the internet that you can stay that way for weeks, and i had been booked in to be induced on 4th March which i was really not looking forward to.

Not going into too much detail my contractions started at 12.30am 24th Feb, and they started quick 5 mins apart lasting a minute each so i called the hospital after half an hour and they told us to come straight in.
During the drive there the contractions went to 3 mins apart and DH started worrying that i was going to have them in the car!!!
When we arrived at the hospital we were taken straight to a delivery suite and the midwife did an exam and i was 5cm dilated. Is all i could think was there was no way i was going to go through hours of this pain the contractions were so much worse than with my DS. So i asked for an epidural and she siad she would arrange it straight away this was about 4am. During the wait i could not have coped without the gas and air it just took the edge off the contractions that were now coming almost constantly.
The epidural was fine and i hardly felt a thing when it was done, the midwife asked if she could break my waters so that when the epidural started to work we could get on with things!! think this was about 8am
The minute she broke my water the contractions became so much more intense and non stop, but 20 mins later the epidural started to work on one side!! i could still feel the contractions on the left side so they had to come back and fiddle with the line going into my back. During this time i started to feel loads of pressure in my bottom and had a real urge to start pushing. When the midwife checked i was fully dilated and we were ready to go, luckily the epidural started to work fully about this time but i could still tell when i was getting contractions but it just felt like pressure and not painful at all.

Then everything started to happen i was wheeled into theatre as it was a multiple pregnancy and they do this just in case, then the room was full of people 2 midwifes, 2 doctors and the anethetist.
I felt so strange pushing as it didnt feel like i was actually doing anything and after 20 mins of pushing the doctor said he thought they may need to pull twin 1 out, but the midwife told him to go away and give me a bit longer.
10 mins after this i could feel Sam's head coming out but it didnt hurt i just felt very streched and a bit uncomfortabe and hen at 9.07am Sam was born weighing 5lb 11oz he was briefly put on my chest before being whisked away so we could number 2 out.
My contractions had stopped so they put something into the drip which started them up again, and i could feel them a little bit more than with Sam. They told me to push to try and break the second waters and with one big push i managed to fire them all over the theatre and just missed the 2 midwifes who were holding my legs up for me.
Then 6 pushes later i felt Emily arrive at 9.37am weighing 5lb 13oz, she was put on my chest for a few minutes before being taken away to be cleaned up.
I managed to get away with just 2 stitches and the whole labour and birth had been so much easier than my DS.
I had read so many stories about twin births that had ended up not going to plan and was so worried, but just wanted to let anyone pregnant with twins know its not always that way my pregnancy was good but uncomfortable and the birth was an amazing surprisingly easy experience.

Little Sam was in special care for one night due to having low glugose levels and not being able to keep his tempreture up. But after being force fed every 3 hours with formula he soon picked up.
I was given a lovely room on the maternity unit and had my own private bathroom which made my 3 night stay bearable.
We are now settling in at home and getting used to having 3 wonderful children which 5 years ago we never thought we would have when we were told that we needed to have IVF.

Congrats, thanks for sharing

thats a really lovely story! What brilliant weights too, well done! x

Yay! Congrats Mea! I was so happy reading your positive birth story that I am now crying over my keyboard. Ohhh - crazy hormones!

Hey

Just found your birth story and felt like you really deserved another huge congrats!

So pleased your twins arrived safely and, wow through a natural birth...you really are a supermum!

Hope every goes well with the the new additions to your family

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"