same baby or new baby?!

hopeb11

Reaction score
So here is the back story to my situation..

On september 13th, i got my first bfp and was in complete shock so i took another the next day just to be sure, and it was definitely positive! on the 15th i had some bleeding nothing major. Called my dr and they said it could be very normal, and scheduled me for October 6th for my first appointment. Well i was still in disbelief and a bit paranoid about the bleeding so i took another test on the 24th of September and it was still definitely positive. Well come October 6th at my appointment i got a negative test and my dr said i had a very early miscarriage. thing is he ran no test and simply just sent me home and said i'd definitely start within a month. well not knowing when exactly to expect my next cycle i tested myself on the 17th of october and got yet another BFP with the clear blue weeks estimator and it said 1-2 weeks. Tested again on the 22nd and got 2-3 weeks pregnant. I am so confused as so how far i am and if i am carrying a new baby or the same original baby since my dummy dr didn't check me or run any tests. i have an appointment on the 5th so i'll know for sure, but it is just me or should my dr have at least did blood work!? Plus i keep having round ligament pains and i've seen those are most common in the second trimester...

So sorry for the long story! just such a complicated, stressful situation! :shrug:

To be honest it could be either. If you explain the situation to your doctor you should be booked in for a dating scan and blood draws asap.

The hook effect could easily account for the 1-2 result on your digital, tests go screwy after your hcg gets high enough...Or it could just as easily be your hcg increasing from a new pregnancy. Your doctor really failed you by not taking bloods to confirm a miscarriage, it's so important!

Good luck :hugs:

Thats strange and confusing... can doctors be that dumb!! Sorry you're going through this

I might switch doctors, this seems like very poor apathy on his/her part. You should have blood tests, maybe a transvaginal ultrasound, but at least some diagnostic tests to inform both of you what is going on. I'm sorry you're going through this, you deserve much better medical and ethical care.

this is my first pregnancy or maybe second since i'm not really sure, i thought maybe i was just looking for too many answers for myself but i think my dr failed to actually do his job.. after much research i've come to terms he's an idiot and i'm looking into a new dr. everyone i've read about has had tests done to make sure their levels return to 0 and that everything has passed on it own. i simply did a urine test and was sent home.

i will update after my appointment tomorrow!

I'd say it's the same baby. You haven't bled so how can you have had a miscarraige? Also there's not long enough between your negative and positive test dor it to be a new pregnancy!

I'd say it's the same baby. You haven't bled so how can you have had a miscarraige? Also there's not long enough between your negative and positive test dor it to be a new pregnancy!
that's what i'm thinking too, i had minor bleeding for that one day on sept 15th but no clotting or anything. and for the past week or so i've been having terrible pains in my stomach which everyone reassures me is round ligament pains.. especially since i have no bleeding or spotting. And you're exactly right, how would i have gotten pregnant again within days of losing a baby... definitely not very likely!

you didnt bleed hun i think its same baby clearblue weeks indicators can easily be wrong

Your doc should have had you scanned to confirm a MC.

Youve not said you bled, which gives you higher chance you havent lost the baby. Still you should have a scan incase it was MMC.

Id be complaining and changing docs.

Id be demanding a scan ASAP to clear up all this confusion that will tell you for sure by how old the baby is.

As for clear blue tests, completely useless.

Take yourself to a and e . Explain the story and I'm sure they will scan you in epu right away . Drs here in Ireland just take bloods and refer to hospital ... any bleeding or strange activity we have to go straight to epu .

i am indeed pregnant, but with a new baby... somehow it happened. he determined me to be 5 weeks and 4 days! it may have been a chemical pregnancy the first time around and the day i had minor bleeding/spotting was actually my cycle just late and not knowing since the dr said that was normal we conceived the following week. but he said everything looks healthy, i go back december 2nd to hear the heartbeat!

Congrats :) sorry about your last pregnancy . Hope this is a happy and healthy 9 months for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->