Sammy bottling

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
Sammy has all of a sudden started taking full bottles :D so nnow they are alternating between bottle and gravity feeding I am so pumped. Yesterday she sank 3 bottles like a trooper and her fourth was half a bottle so they decided to start trying alternating.
At 3am she took a full bottle and at 9am she took a full bottle.
I literally did a happy dance on my patio today.
We are inching even closer now... I think I can see the finish line lolol
Still no word from anyone on a date yet for her to be able to come home because the eye dr still has her on weekly checks... it's like this ROP is just not wanting to go away...

So say her eye stays at stage 2 zone 2 what happens? it's never changed.. her left eye regressed a bit.. will she need glasses?

Great news about Samantha taking full bottles xx
With regards to the RO, Harry had stage 2 at about 32 weeks but then when it came to the day of his discharge, it had regressed and he was signed off by the egg doctor there and then xx

Great news Sammy is taking full bottles :happydance: :happydance:

Sorry don't know anything about ROP as holly's eyes stayed at 0 which really surprised the eye doctor because of her gestation. Hopefully it will regress soon xx

it's so frustrating. her right eye has been stage 2 forever now since she started having eye checks it was 0 then went to stage 2 and stayed that way ever since.. 2 weeks ago the left eye regressed a bit and then stayed the same. so shes stuck on these weekly eye checks. I'm so antsy now for her to be done and be able to come home...

I think u know what happened to us, but the Stage 2 wasn't budging and she had laser at 5 weeks corrected - it was nothing. Yes she was put to sleep for it, and had a vent again for only a few hours but that really was it - they brought her back to me that night like nothing had happened, i took her home again:) couldnt even see the work done!

So IF that does happen hun - don't panic!!

No glasses here (for now, we have a check next month)

did they just send her home with stage 2? cause i was wondering if they will just say frig it and send her home...

Yup we got sent home because everything was fine. The eye tests continued every week after we left- every tues we had to go up and get them checked. Then one week the dude decided it was time for surgery, so we got a date to go back in with Alex and i stayed in a ward overnight with her.

In the early hours i gave her a last feed about 6am. Surgery was fir 10am, they took her in back into intensive care and sent her to sleep on a vent. They did the laser, (took about an hour) and popped her back into the NICU to wake up. Then once they were happy she'd recovered that day, we went home again simple!

hmmm well i wonder if they will do that with samantha shes going to be 43 weeks soon sheesh! Shes not having any more desats or bradys so it's just working on the bottles and the eye tests... they won't ship her here to the hospital because they said sending her back up every week is to complicated as the hospital by my house is understaffed and it's an hour away and it would throw her bottling off ect.
I feel like the hospital has adopted my baby hahaha

thats brilliant news hun even if shes needed glasses she may only need them for a few year, they may offer lazer surgery to correct them i bet shes still look as gorgous as she does now :) xx

Yay! Go Samantha! What a big girl.

I have no advice on the ROP though, since Elias didn't have it. Once he was discharged, he did have 2 more eye exams though. Perhaps they will send you home if that's the only thing keeping her in, but you'll still have to drive up there for more eye exams.

Oh my God, thats great news hunn ! =)

Good Job Samanta ! Keep drinking those bottles =D

I really hope she goes home in no time ! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back