Samuel Joseph 3/1/09

Mrs_Nesbit

Mum of 3 hoping for 4
Reaction score
5pm on the 2nd of jan off OH and I trundled to hospital where I was to be induced. OH was a bag of nerves and almost had a nervous breakdown in the car park when the ticket machine refused to take his change..lol

Anyway we finally settled in to the room and I was examined and bump hooked up to the monitor. Bub was still snug, happy as larry and still boogying about so much we had to keep shifting it about. Thankfully I didnt have to hang around waiting for pessaries to work since I was already 1cm dilated, just enough to break my waters, but my cervix was still so high it felt like the MW was rummaging around up there almost half an hour!!. I have never seen so much fluid in my life!, it just kept coming, my MW praying she could save her trousers from the great flood tried jumping out of the way with her arm still up there!..lol

So they let me have a potter about hoping it might get some contractions going. I got the odd twinge roaming those quiet halls, but nothing remarkable and they soon dwindled to nothing, so at 9pm we started on the old drip which they *kindly* whacked up real high. :dohh:

The contractions kicked in straight away, but suprisingly nicely increased in ferocity, time and length, instead of coming at me like a lump hammer around the head. Oh and I laughed, joked and watched midsummer murders and the best of Youtube, while I fed him some gas and air since I didnt want to start having it till I really needed too.

By 11pm I was contracting 4 times every ten minutes and chugging that Gas and air back like nobodies business. Mw offered me some pethadine and I damn near bit her hand off for it..Though I remember it making me ill the first time I used it 14 years ago it was fine this time and took the edge off a little, though I was still quite with -it between pain. It was then when the MW turned the damn drip up even MORE!.

Around midnight I got the overwhelming urge to push and drip in my hand or not I was turning summersaults on the bed and trying to get in a decent pushing position. OH rushed off to get the MW who examined me and told me I was still only 4cm dilated!!!!!!! I vaguely remember the torrent of verbal abuse that passed my lips as I rasped the only way they could STOP me from pushing was to give me an epi so I couldnt feel the urge, so less than two minutes later in ran an anesthetist..I watched him between contractions FAFFING ABOUT for ages and growled for him to hurry the hell up as I was in the serious knee's round my neck grunty throes of a woman hell bent on pushing. MW kept telling me I couldnt, I tried hard not to but in the end as the guy with the big lovely needle approached me and after another load of abuse she checked me again and realised I really WASNT having her on, my cervix had pinged open and baby really WAS coming quick, so out the anesthetist shuffled.

10 minutes of a mixture of pushing and the top half of my body trying desperately to escape what was going on down below baby Sam bowled bright eyed and rather content into the world at 1.09am on the 3rd, weighing 9lbs 8oz to the choons of classical FM. :baby: We are soooooooooo proud and he's an absolute joy!

Congratulations!!!! funny!! a good induction story!

What a great birth story! So well written. Congrats!!!

Ever thought of writing short stories hon? that was a KILLER birth story :D :D CONGRATULATIONS! Post pics when you can!!!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->