Sandwell General Hospital

Rach276

Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone know anything or about this hospital or have any experience?

Im fairly new to the area so have had no dealings with it at all which is abit worrying tbh! x

I've heard of it but never been there myself so can't really make a judgement. I'm delivering at Good Hope. x

i've heard of it hun but nothing bad,
i'm delivering at russells hall its lovely there all private rooms and and you start and finish in the same room, only thing is there's no tv's at russells, but i think sandwell is smaller so its probably really nice

xx

ive heard of it but delivered at the womens who were fabulous....i think shellylu may have been going there for her scans send her a pm

h x

I had the choice, that or City but I dont no ethier so just going Sandwell because its only 10 mins away.
Thanks for the help girls x

you def chose right ive heard bad things about city

h x

Hi Rach.

I had my son at Sandwell 6 years ago. To be honest, I had a rotten time there, but my labour was awful (40 hours, forceps delivery in theatre,back to back, and my son was over 10lb3oz)!!! So I cant give you an honest review.

I can say I have been there for various scans (due to complications in this pregnancy) in the early pregnancy department and they have been fantastic. The staff are really helpful, and very friendly and haven't made me feel silly when asking questions about the problems Ive had.

When I had my son, I had a room to myself, but that was because I had to be monitored throughout because of a dipped heartrate. I know if everything goes to plan during labour, for the most part you will be put on a ward untill it comes to delivery (then you get your own room) - but I doubt it'd have a TV or anything!!

I am going to the womens hospital for my care from now on, as I couldnt go back there because of the memories!! I can say I have known girls to go there and have really good experiences (well, as best as poss!) so dont let my story put you off !!!

Good luck with it all anyway xxxxxxxxxx

i've heard of it hun but nothing bad,
i'm delivering at russells hall its lovely there all private rooms and and you start and finish in the same room, only thing is there's no tv's at russells, but i think sandwell is smaller so its probably really nice

xx

i was watching vid of there maternity suites n that last night lol.
i dont know if id come under that hospital if i was to fall pregnant like, but heard its nice! have to let me know.

tell you where id like give birth that hospital they are still builiding, i dont know the name, but its massive and funky design. It isnt very far from me, if you cut out the traffic haha

tell you where id like give birth that hospital they are still builiding, i dont know the name, but its massive and funky design. It isnt very far from me, if you cut out the traffic haha

Do you live near Birmngham city centre? If its the one your thinking of, its next to the womens hospital in Selly Oak. Its a new build for the hospital thats already there, but it wont be ready for another year or two so Ive heard. You might be lucky enough to get in there as you're WTT!!!

xx

Do you live near Birmngham city centre? If its the one your thinking of, its next to the womens hospital in Selly Oak. Its a new build for the hospital thats already there, but it wont be ready for another year or two so Ive heard. You might be lucky enough to get in there as you're WTT!!!

xx

Yeah thats the one, i live in quinton. I know passed it couple of times, isnt there shops near by i could go have walk over in labour to pass some time lmao!
Yeah, i read on the website when due to open but i cant remember when might be end of 2010, thats a bit late for me :p id like baby by end of 2010 :D

Ah, I dont live far from Quinton. My nan lives by the punchbowl!!

I was hoping to get into that hospital too, it looks awesome. Im stuck in the dodgy looking grey building next door Im afraid. Still, best care this side of the Channel so Im told!! xx

hey ladies that dodgy grey building isnt that bad its ugly but the care you get is second to none, when i was there 2 babies had come over whos parents were egyptian doctors she had gone into labour at 22 weeks so they bought here to the womens!!

fab care (and shel you know me i can moan about anything) just dont eat the food my god that was another matter entirely lol

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->