Santa gifts dont match in price!

DCS

Reaction score
What would you do?
Ds has said he is asking for a power rangers zord. We have bought this already for £30.
Dd has said she will be asking for a numnoms pot. The £3.99 one.
Should i buy multiple numnoms? Or just one? The rule is santa only brings one gift per child.

OH has said dd will change her mind, but im not so sure. If couse its possible but once dd decides something , thats it.
Thanks in advance.

Can you not put multiple num nom pots in a gift box? So it looks like 1 single gift

Do you get other things, from parents, on top of the santa gift? If so could you make up the shortfall there? Otherwise I would say either wait for her to maybe change her mind, or get multiples of those things. Or just swallow down the guilt and live with the price discrepancy! Haha. They won't have any concept of how much the gifts cost since presumably santa brought them both from the North Pole anyway, and better for your Dd to get what she asked for than something more expensive that she didn't want as much!

On balance I think I'd do several of the things she asked for and call it one gift (I dunno what they are haha sorry)

I'd get them the one thing they ask Santa for, regardless of price discrepancy. They probably don't even realize that one thing cost x amount and the other costs much less. It wasn't until I was a teen that I ever thought about cost of anything and really can't ever recall comparing my sister's stuff to mine. I was just happy to get what I wanted. My worry would be that if you got more than one, then your little boy might question why sister got more than him. And really, I think your dd will be over the moon to get exactly what she wanted and would never think about the cost or that brothers thing cost more.

I would just get what they ask for, otherwise they'll think they can't ask santa for what they really want because it's not big or expensive enough.

how old are they? I could live with the guilt if they were young enough to not understand the value of money

We don't shop by amount. Rather because the boys are 9 and 7 it's easier to buy presents similar in size. We try to keep the amount similar but base it mainly on presents of similar sizes as it avoids arguements. :)

They are 6 ( ds) and 3 (dd). Thank you. I think i will go for exactly what they ask for. So one numnom ( im not exactly sure what these are, i think they are rings with lipgloss? Im not sure, i just got my head around shopkins) and ds has now changed his mind and is asking for a infinity nado set ( i believe these are like baylades? Again not sure. ) thank you all again.

I'm waiting until we go to meet santa before i get the santa gifts . DD1 changed her mind constantly and DD2 just said what her sister said.
I would get whatever they asked for (within reason)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->