Sauce recipes needed

hippobaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so use been using AKs baby meal planner book and found it pretty good, however alot of the recipes contain cheese or a cheese sauce so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some alternatives. I tend to cook fish pie, salmon, chicken, beef and pasta dinners - can lo have pesto?

A great curry recipe would be a bonus too...

Tia - oh my lo is just over 9 months

I think pesto has lots of salt but not sure! Yu can make your own my blending basil pine nuts and oil.

For curry I use coconut milk, cumin and turmeric. Add chilli or cardamom for flavour. Sometimes I blend some cashew nuts to add to the sauce.

Lo loves Tom sauce with lots of pepper. Fry onions garlic, peppers then add tinned toms, cinnamon and turmeric. Blend if you like.

my lo likes tomato sauce fresh

Just submerge tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds...peel the skin off (comes off easy due to boiling) de seed and chop up. Add a small amount of unsalted butter to a pan add garlic and onion if you like...add the tomatoes and keep stirring until mushy...add a little water if you want it thin. Also you can melt a bit of cheese into it x

I also buy the boots stock cubes and use one in 500ml of water...add a little baby rice to thicken and use about 1-2 tablespoons of it mixed with veggies or rice x

my lo likes tomato sauce fresh

Just submerge tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds...peel the skin off (comes off easy due to boiling) de seed and chop up. Add a small amount of unsalted butter to a pan add garlic and onion if you like...add the tomatoes and keep stirring until mushy...add a little water if you want it thin. Also you can melt a bit of cheese into it x

I also buy the boots stock cubes and use one in 500ml of water...add a little baby rice to thicken and use about 1-2 tablespoons of it mixed with veggies or rice x

Thanks , just curious why remove skin/seeds? I've given lo roadies before and only removed core bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->