Saving for anything?

topsy

Reaction score
I am saving up to take DS on a once of a life trip in 3 years time to america Disneyland florida. This will be in Oct/Nov 2020 or maybe even 2021.

I am TRYING to save £150 a month so will have £5400 ish So far i have saved
Aug-150
Sep 150=£300

Anyone else saving for something, wedding, holiday, car etc? Wanna join me on my journey?

Its really hard saving BUT hopefully will be worth it :) in long run.

xxxxx

Disney is on my list and a new kitchen but we've just moved in so first that ...

Christmas lol saving 1300 a month for the next 3 months then i am sure there will be something else im thinking of booking a holiday for April so perhaps that

Saving for a house extension!! Bigger kitchen, playroom, utility room and another bedroom

we save £400 a month for a house deposit! nothing else just now because we also have loads of debt to pay off :wacko:

We always save a bit towards our annual sun holiday every June, hoping to go to Portugal next year.
We also save towards Emily's college fund, its quite expensive here in Ireland so we started saving when she was in pre-school, not much really, could do with increasing it.
I have a separate savings account myself from when I was single, my lovely Nanny left me some money in her will & I've kept it, for nothing in particular, just a rainy day fund I suppose.

Saving to go to disney in 2 years for my 30th �� About £60 a month but have been saving for a while so will be about £2500 when we need it (only going to paris so not as expensive as florida!)

Other than that we've just bought a house so need to start saving for a new kitchen and bathroom. Just paid for new boiler, radiators, carpets and windows though so it's going to be a while!

Ive got no savings at all right now. Over the last few years I've dipped into savings for things we haven't really needed and now ended up with nothing!
At the moment I'm saving for Christmas, just a couple of hundred a month and buying stuff as I see it now. After Christmas I want to save hard for our first family holiday abroad, OH has never been abroad and it'll be the boys first time too. I miss sunny holidays but OH isn't a big sun lover. We'll hopefully go November time near OH birthday, somewhere warm at that time of year, not sure where.

I'm hoping to get my bathroom re-done followed by my hallway redecorated and a new front door. I feel like we never get anywhere with savings though, something always comes up

Yep not such a pleasant one but for a very worthwhile cause we are passionate about. Need to save for legal fees, sounds like we’d need about £5,000 just for the solicitor. Our parents offered to pay for us, but that’s so so much that I’d rather borrow and re pay. Thinking of asking them if we can spread this over 12 months or so. After that we’ll possibly want to save up for private medical advice, and after that pay towards braces for my teeth. All worthwhile though

Saving for house works. We need all new gutters, internal doors and hopefully a new kitchen. We have some bills to pay off first too.
I want to take the girls away next year somewhere warm with a swimming pool so we can teach them how to swim...I don't like swimming baths lol

Hoping to save £50 a week.

Oh so much to save for! But realistically the main things right now are paying off credit cards (so not exactly saving) saving for maternity leave as i really want to take the full year off this time. I also want to start properly saving for the kids (uni fees, first car that type of thing).

We would also like to move in 5 years time and will need to save for the legal fees for that (any equity in our house will go towards new house with nothing left for fees!)

We have just been on holiday so have spent most of the savings we had so once we are back i am going to start saving £100 per month again. I sold my car recently so i do have that money hidden away which is a start i guess.

I bought a house just over a year ago, and went on 2 international trips in that same year (probably not the wisest move, as I was in over my head.. but we had amazing experiences :) ) and I also have a Disney cruise for this March booked with my daughter.

I accumulated some debt from the 3 trips, plus furnishing my new home, and adjusting financially to life as a new homeowner. After the cruise in March, no more big trips until the dept is paid of.

I contribute $50 bi-monthly to my daughter's education savings account, and $60 monthly to my retirement account.

Also, in my online bank account, whenever there are cents after the decimal (ex. $300.61) I always move the .61 cents into a separate savings account for myself. It has almost $70 now just from the past year of doing that. Very slow saving, but at least its something. I'm planning to spend it on another trip some day.

I also still have some cash my daughter was given for her birthday. I'm planning to open up a savings account for her, for her own personal use (separate from the education savings account.)

Weve booked Disney Florida too!
Were going Sept 2019.

Theres 8 of us so weve booked a villa. With flights, villa, car tickets and spends i need to save around £12k ...gulp. i need to be saving around £500 per month.. minimum. I Usually save £400 anyways but do sometimes dip into it so i really need to make some cut backs (less take aways and pub lunches!)

We have just paid off all credit cards, overdrafts and loans except the mortgage and our car and we have a decent amount in savings for the first time EVER (my partner was made redundant)

We have a few trips away planned (just us two in the October holiday for a few days, family trip for a few nights at Christmas, a stag and hen do at Easter, then a big family holiday in summer)

We can survive on my wage alone so we are hoping to keep money aside for things we need, like new windows and possibly paying privately to get my DDs mole removed because it worries me but the NHS won't do anything as it's "cosmetic" apparently

I'm trying to put at least £100 into our savings a month, long with the same amount or more if possible for gas/electric over winter. We have a payment meter so I can see what I'm using but I'd like to have enough to not put any money on for November and December, maybe even January.

On a smaller scale I've been saving for a spa trip next week as it's my nanna's 81st birthday on the 10th.

I have a tin that I hide from my husband because the bugger dips into it and forgets to put the money back :dohh:

I have started a tin for D'S birthday ( next feb) BUT we are going away in April for it. So I am saving my silver change. It's in a tub. In the cupboard. Xxx

I have started a tin for D'S birthday ( next feb) BUT we are going away in April for it. So I am saving my silver change. It's in a tub. In the cupboard. Xxx

Its surprising how much you can save in tins/tubs just with loose change. We did it for France n there was a couple of hundred which we split between the kids for their own spending money. Need to restart but i need one that i cant get into or i end up borrowing from it snd not putting it back!

Its surprising how much you can save in tins/tubs just with loose change. We did it for France n there was a couple of hundred which we split between the kids for their own spending money. Need to restart but i need one that i cant get into or i end up borrowing from it snd not putting it back!

I do this too. Trouble is i do it whether its lose change or money in a savings acc! Doh. I need it to be out of sight for it to work for me! I have too many days of 'ach you only live once!'

OH and I are going away for a long weekend to London the start of December (we were meant to be going to Amsterdam but I had a mini panic attack at the thought of going abroad without the kids and I've never seen London at night or in the winter). We've booked the hotel and travel and have put away £400 in spending money so far. We want at least £500 so that we can do what we want just the two of us and not worry or count pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->