Saving money ideas- for all of us

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
We are wtc due to money and H's hobby commitments we have to time it with the end of the racing season (so he can be there for the birth) Looking at the thread about why we are all waiting money comes into it in one way or another - weather it be for a house / debts / wedding / waiting until uni is over to get a job or actually needing a savings nest for the babies ect ect.

My tips for saving money are ;-

No/less takeaways or eating out (I have managed to stop H 3 times this week and we have cooked)

Putting loose change in a pot/can that you can't open unless you break it

Food shopping online as you only buy what you actually need

going out less / no clothes shopping

We have also got sky plus - there is no extra monthly cost and we tape things to watch when we are bored to stop us going out

I added up all the things that we need to have a baby ie buggy, cots ect and it came to approx £1000.00 - we have no family that can give us hand me downs and by the time we have a baby none of our friends will have anything - but I don't mind

We have £90.00 already (we have only just started saving) and if anyone asks what I want for my birthday I will say Argos vouchers as they have some good stuff

What are your tips that might help each other ????

If you're like me and have a problem with spending. Then write down everything you spend. At the end of that week or month look through and add up what you spent on stuff that you have nothing to show for. Hopefully that will show you :) I'm going to do this in the new year.

Don't buy lunch's at work, make your own.

Have a good sort out and put stuff on ebay or have a car boot!!

Definitely ebay or a car boot - car boot was not my cup of tea at first, but I got right into it.. my boyfriend was finding it really funny. We must have made about £80 (including - with their fee) with just some old clothes of Bethanie's.. for a few hours in the cold. I've made a fair bit on eBay selling soem old bits too.

Play Trade - play.com, sold my old Sims game on there for about £6.. only got offers of 99p on eBay, so it's worth looking at for games and old DVD's!

Stop take aways - got to agree with that Mrs Doddy, that was one of our big downfalls

Stop trips down the shop! - we were spending £5-£10 a night and it was getting a bit silly.

Shop online/or write a list and STICK to it + don't go shopping when you're hungry! Also, when you're shopping.. try going down a brand or two, it's amazing how much you can save and look out for buy 1 get 1 free and other offers.

Write a list of where your money is going..

Scare yourself like I did and add up everything you owe out, this will stop you spending

Break credit cards (im also a fan of this one) and reduce the limits each time you pay money off

Cancel all credit accounts as soon as they're paid off (Next, Littlewoods etc).

If you do need to keep a credit card.... FREEZE IT!!! Literally

I got another!!!

Take out the money you need at the beginning of the week.... and leave cards at home

We are wtc due to money and H's hobby commitments we have to time it with the end of the racing season (so he can be there for the birth) Looking at the thread about why we are all waiting money comes into it in one way or another - weather it be for a house / debts / wedding / waiting until uni is over to get a job or actually needing a savings nest for the babies ect ect.

My tips for saving money are ;-

No/less takeaways or eating out (I have managed to stop H 3 times this week and we have cooked)

Putting loose change in a pot/can that you can't open unless you break it

Food shopping online as you only buy what you actually need

going out less / no clothes shopping

We have also got sky plus - there is no extra monthly cost and we tape things to watch when we are bored to stop us going out

I added up all the things that we need to have a baby ie buggy, cots ect and it came to approx £1000.00 - we have no family that can give us hand me downs and by the time we have a baby none of our friends will have anything - but I don't mind

We have £90.00 already (we have only just started saving) and if anyone asks what I want for my birthday I will say Argos vouchers as they have some good stuff

What are your tips that might help each other ????

All seems like a very good plan to me! :thumbup: :thumbup: DH and I saved a lot of money before TTC. Good Luck! :hugs:

What fantastic ideas.

what about £1 coins in a smarties tube- when full its about £20
Me and oh put money in a envolope like £5/£10/£20 notes and seal them, its nice looking in the box at them as we dont know whats in each of them as they have diff amounts. Then when needed we will open them.
I also have tried withdrawing a certain about a money a week and limit myself to this- tho this is hard with the tempting sales!!

x

Cool - there is a few that I forgot about that I will add to my list !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->