Scan at 6w3d measured 5w5d- should I worry?? UPDATE

Gym knickers

Lucky mum to 2 munchkins!
Reaction score
So as above, just had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6w3d roughly. Going my when we BD'd. Sonographer was a consultant- she said all looked great and pointed out the HB, but dated me about 4/5 days behind what i thought. I'm really nervous as this is my first natural pregnancy after a long cycle. The midwife said its within the realms of normal but does anyone else have experience of this? It's unnerved me a little!

Try not to worry, I had an internal scan today too and am a week behind what I thought, you will find it evens up the later on you are. It is very hard this early on as they don't all progress the same. You will have a better idea at the 12 week scan. x

Up to ten days is normal and nothing to worry about. My daughter was a full 10 days behind at our 6+4 scan but by 13 weeks had caught up and measured 2 days ahead. This baby was 7 days behind and now is a week ahead. In the early days scans aren't very accurate on dates, that's why the dating scan isn't performed till later in the pregnancy. Try not to worry over it :)

Yes, it's pretty normal. My daughter measured almost a week behind at the very early scans, but had caught up completely by 11 weeks or so. Congratulations! Xxxxx

With my son he was a week behind at the early scan and 3 days behind once we got to 12 weeks, try not worry :flower:

Thanks so much for all your advice! My girls both measured a week ahead at 12w and I was 100% sure of dates as they were clomid babies with BFPs at 9dpo. This one is a little bit of a different scenario as it was a natural surprise so I'm super nervous! Fingers crossed bean has caught up by 12w scan :)

Managed to get a rescan today as I've been so nervous. Bub has more than caught up measuring 7w 5d with little leg and arm buds, she showed me the spine, brain and HB- was fab! Thanks for all your reassurance!

That's good. At my early scan I was first measured 7w5d but she re measured and it came up 8w1d which is what I thought. Think it's just depends on the time and position of baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->