Scan today and a question?! ***UPDATE AND ANOTHER QUESTION***

Missnurse

Reaction score
So it's my 12 week scan today, well 11 weeks for me lol and I'm so excited!

Right my question how early did mums on their third pregnancy feel movements? This morning I've been feeling like wiggling about down there and I don't know if it might be little movements? I probably sound crazy!

I felt my first at 10+5 so it's possible!!

Just out and scan was perfect measuring 4 days ahead so I'm now 11 wks 5 days and edd of 16th April. Baby looked great wiggling about quite happy and nuchal measurement of 1.5mm and bloods done so all is good 😊

Again time for another question! At my booking in app I mentioned to my MW about losing 1250 Mls blood with DS (think this is classed as a PPH) anyway she said the consultant may want to see me and the maternity unit has made me an appointment to see him at 22 weeks, does anyone know what will happen? I'm worried he will say I'll need a c section because of the PPH or will it just be what precautions are to be take at delivery?

generally speaking, both doctors and midwives are very anti c section because they have to hit numbers to reduce the amount of c sections/year etc. my friend has recently had a baby and she had to really fight for a caesarian.

my point being, they wouldnt say you had to have a section just for a pph, they would probably give you syntocinon infusion after the birth to help your uterus contract and keep a closer eye on you

Thank you you have put My mind at ease as I am keen to avoid sections at all costs unless baby or myself are in danger

Nono hun it's very unlikely that a previous pph will make them suggest a c-section, seeing the consultant is to put a plan in place so they can be more ready if it happened again and document it all etc. They are most likely going to tell you that they want you to give birth on the consultant led unit so help is available quickly if it happens again. Try not to stress about it :hugs:

Thank you I think the maternity unit at my hospital has consultants on it anyway? With DS it was a consultant who removed the clots from my cervix that had caused me to continue leaking so hopefully it means I can still give birth in the maternity unit with midwives.
I was also hoping to try for a water birth again will I be allowed?

Ahh okay, I don't know where you are but in the UK a lot of hospitals now have a midwifery led unit and consultant led. On consultant led though your care will still be handled mainly by midwives unless there is a problem.
I'm a first year student midwife (near the end) so please don't take my word for it and it's different in every hospital.. but you should be able to use water during labour if there is a pool available and possibly deliver baby in water but you might be advised to get out quite quickly after to deliver the placenta (it is after placenta comes away that there is a risk of bleeding as I'm sure you know) and they will probably advise you to have active third stage (injection for placenta) to reduce the risk of bleeding.

Please remember that everything your told is advice not comand and it is your birth and your choice :hugs: buut possible pph as I said is common and hopefully won't limit you too much :)

Thank you for all that info it's good to know all this for when my appointment comes 😊

I lost over 2 liters of blood with my DD. So over 2000 ML. It was bad. My blood level when they took it afterwards was under a 6. So I should have gotten a transfusion but did not since my body actually handled it quite well. I was up and about within an hour of it finishing. God though all the pressure they put on my uterus hurt like a bitch. They gave me everything to stop and it was actually close to the point that if it didn't stop in the next couple of minutes my uterus would have been taken out.
My doctor is not concerned about it happening next time. I had a very long baby for my first 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches. He said that is what caused it. My uterus was so exhausted that it couldn't clamp down. He doesn't think I'll have another hemorrhage but they are always prepared in the room just in case.
I also know one of the nurses I had (I had like five at the time after the next few days while being there) and she had a bad hemorrhage on her first child and on her second child she barely bled. Same with her third. So just because you had it once doesn't mean you'll have it again. I do know my doctor is going to probably give me a scan in third trimester to make sure I don't have a baby that big again but other than that he isn't worried. (I did not have diabetes at all now or during or past pregnancy)

Thank you for the info hopefully it will just be straight forward I think the midwife mentioned he may just want to put a canula in just in case.

Unfortunately I bled heavily with DD too as I had a retained placenta that had to be removed via forceps even though I had two shots of the stuff to make it come away. I didn't loose quite as much but I was treated with iron tablets for anemia that time too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->