Scan today, good and not so good news...

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Had my nuchal scan at Kings College Hospital today. Baby is fine and well, all measurements are great, but one of my blood results - PAPP-A is low and because of this they've recommended a growth scan at 28 weeks. This is quite worrying because ive researched it and low PAPP-A can cause IUGR (intra uterine growth restriction) and or problems with the placenta, this is what Evie had, which is what caused her to a) be small and b) to come 6 weeks early.

I have an app with my consultant in early Sept so I guess that i'll have chat with him and see whats likely to happen. I dont want to have to go through all the stress again of delivering a prem baby that needs to go into SCBU again :cry:.

Oh hun I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that everything is ok xxx

its really good that bean is measuring good at this stage, I know its hard to but feel assured you will be closely monitored and there is still plenty of time for things to turn around. Fingers crossed for you and bean, keep us posted x

:hugs: I hope everything goes ok at your next scan hun, its so worrying my middle dd stopped growing due to the placenta then i went on to have an abruption with her. I keep praying that i will go alot futher this time so my baby dont end up in scbu again cause been there 3 times and dont know if could cope with it again xx

Fingers crossed that all goes well in your next scan x

Hiya, this was exactly what happened to me, I had growth scans every few weeks and at 29 weeks they decided to get him out, all I can say is even if the baby comes early and/or is small, think about those weeks in SCBU as such a small portion of their lives in the end xx
Hopefully it will all be fine though :)

Aww hun, I have everything crossed for you. Sending you lots of strength vibes xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->