Scanme measuring behind.

robo123

Reaction score
Hey ladies. Has anyone had a scan and measured 4-5 days behind?

All i have read is bad outcomes :-(

4 to 5 days is usually nothing to worry about! Its if baby is measuring weeks behind they worry! At my 12 week scan with my second I should have been 12+6 and I was only 11+3! He's a healthy almost 5 year old now! It all depends when you actually conceived and implanted, 4 or 5 days is nothing, don't worry :)

I forgot to add with this baby at 6+2 I measured 5+6, at 12 weeks I measured 12+4 giving me my due date, then a few weeks later at a scan at 14+2 baby measured 13+5. It can vary depending on growth spurts also, I 17+3 now and baby was measuring bang on last week, finally lol

Thank you, the technician did say she was not worried. Another scan next week that I have requested xx

Thank you, the technician did say she was not worried. Another scan next week that I have requested xx

Good hun a few days is nothing! You could have either conceived or implanted 4 days later than you thought, I've been up and down this entire pregnancy with measuring behind then forward, it's only taken me 17 weeks to get back on track lol! Next week your scan should be what they said it was on this scan :)

I was measuring 5 days behind with this one, went for a scan a 6+5 measured 6 weeks, no chance as would of had 1st positive at 4dpo! Caught up by my 12 week scan x

Scan last week at 6+3, measured 6+5. Today (7+5) measured 7+1.

In both cases, the technicians said that is absolutely normal.

Thank you so much. I'm such a worrier x

Yes I measured 8 days behind on both my early scans (DS1 at 7 weeks, DS2 at 6 weeks). I ovulate late so my period date is always wrong. Nothing to worry about!

Its completely normol hon. I had early reassurance scans at 7 and 9 weeks and was measuring a few days less than I thought but by the 13 week scan I was measuring a few days extra. My date was originally the 17th October going by my 7 weeks scan but at my 13 week dating scan the date was moved forward to October 14th. And at my gender scan at 16 weeks the they gave the date of 11th October but at the hospital there sticking to the 14th.
I'm now 21+2.
Also it's hard to get accurate measurements b4 12 weeks because the embryo/fetus is curled up. I really wudnt worry hon like HLX said a few days out is nothing.

Ladies you save my sanity here. Thank you xx

With my loss, I was measuring 3 weeks behind. The dr didnt even pick up on the issue. I didnt either at the time when I should have.

Normal babies all measured a few days behind.

I don't know why I'm worrying so much. It was an abdominal scan an I have heard internal scans are more accurate. X

I don't know why I'm worrying so much. It was an abdominal scan an I have heard internal scans are more accurate. X

They are when your early on, because the probe is closer to baby than it is on abdominal... but even so you can still be a few days out later on just like my situation, doesn't mean anything wrong:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->