Scared and kind of irritated

harlantr1

Reaction score
First time pergnant lady here!! I'm about 6 weeks along and I'm scared as heck! My husband and I tried for 2 years, I had basically given up and last week I found out I'm actually, finally pregnant!

I am overweight so I think I will be in a high risk category and I'm trying to do everything right. What has me freaked out is that I keep reading that morning sickness in the first trimester is a sign of a healthy baby and those who don't experience it are more likely to miscarry. I've been nauseous, exhausted, sore breasts, crampy and just overall crappy feeling for almost 2 weeks, but today......I FEEL GREAT! And it scares me. is it normal to just feel really good some days and still be having a healthy pregnancy? I know, stupid question maybe but I still wonder. :shrug:

thats rubbish
some people dont get morning sickness at all
and they go on to have happy and healthy LOs
dont read too much and freak yourself out
im 5 and a half weeks and no morning sickness yet

6 weeks is still really early as far as hitting any symptoms go. At my last appointment my doc said typically symptoms don't peak until weeks 9/10 or so.

If they come and go or never hit you at all that's ok :thumbup:

This is my 5th pregnancy and with the exception of the 1st (ectopic) and this one, I felt sick as a dog from 5w until 11w. There were a few days when I would feel totally fine though and it always sent me into a panic. Just as I was beginning to properly fret along came the nausea again :) I spent weeks wishing it would go away then as soon as it did I was begging for it to come back again.

I honestly think the "morning sickness is a sign all is well" thing is definitely a coping mechanism for those suffering very badly. I remember repeating it like a mantra in my head when I felt particularly bad.

This pregnancy couldn't be more different, I have hardly had MS at all but I have the extreme exhaustion. 3 days ago I felt fine and was beginning to think I had seen the last of 7pm bedtimes but today I have been exhausted again and I'm just about to head to bed now.

1st tri is hard. If you don't feel like crap you're worrying yourself silly because you stopped feeling like crap. You're definitely not alone!

The only symptoms of pregnancy I've ever really had was the big belly by the end. Okay, I also pee more in the first tri, but seriously, it's not enough to notice if I didn't know already. Otherwise, no cravings, no aversions, no sickness, no crushing fatigue, no funny smells, no odd tastes, no shiny hair or dewy skin, just me getting round.

I know you're worried the symptoms you did have are gone, but they're never constant from the many examples I've seen. They come and go, like ants at a picnic. Relax if you can and try to save up some strength for when the symptoms do come back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->