Scared and sad

Mrs_chris_36

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm, fairly new to this site and should be 8 weeks tomorrow. I say 'should' be as i started bleeding yesterday. Initially it started as brown spotting and then started to feel more like a period. Back ache and cramps I'm passing a small amount of blood its kinda pinky red and mucus like. Only just enough to stain my pad with little spots.

I'm trying to clutch at straws that it might be breakthrough bleeding as I've read its quite common when your hormone levels are low and your period would have been due (i believe my hormone levels are low as I've had no real symptoms during this pregnancy, no sickness, no cravings...just stretching cramps and a face like a teenager)

I've been up since 3:30am sobbing my little heart out I'm so scared. ....i have a scan booked tomorrow at the early pregnancy unit, but getting through today is gonna be tough if anyone can offer any words of comfort or if anyone has had any experience of this I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Thank you
Andie

I don't have any experience but I just want to let you know I'm thinking of you.

I hope your scan goes okay tomorrow. Try to keep busy today, it will help the time go quicker and keep your mind occupied xxx

Andrea: relax. I understand how you feel. I'd be very afraid too. I had a miscarriage a few months back and the brown spotting very quickly turned to very heavy bleeding. So the fact that it hasn't gotten heavy is good.

But understand sometimes these things are out of our control. Just take a breather. Try to get some rest. And I hope everything goes well for your scan.

I've had a little bit of spotting similar to what your describing at around 8 weeks with all my previous pregnancies. #1 and #2 where totally fine and waving back. #3 ended as a MMC, but I don't think the bleeding was related as it stopped and I carried on being pregnant for a while longer.

I think spotting around this time is common. The placenta is starting to take control of making the progesterone instead of the corpus luteum. Sometimes it doesn't quite make enough and you get a touch of breakthrough bleeding.

I wouldn't worry too much about symptoms as an indicator of how well pregnancy is going and how high your hormones are. Its also a lot about how your body copes with them. This time I'm expecting twins (for the moment at least, one sac is smaller) and I've had less symptoms, but my hormones have got to be higher!

Best thing you can do is log off the computer and step away from google. Sleep as much as you can, or relax in front of the TV. That way you give your body the best chance of catching up with those hormones.

Hugs ... So sorry your going through this ... Call your MW and get to the EPU. I've had a lot of bleeding in all my healthy pregnancies, at times very heavy and at times with clots, all fine, but I've never had pain or mucus which does make it sound like a miscarriage rather than a threatened. There are reasons other than miscarriage to this, and I lost one twin this time so it could be something like that, but you need to get to the EPU even if it's just for closure.

Hugs, I hope all will be ok, wishing you all the best x

I understand your worries, I have bled in both pregnancies and know how stressful it is, try not to worry if at all possible as it can be totally normal for some ladies to bleed. Best of luck for your scan tomorrow :flower:

Thank you everyone for such speedy responses, Celesse i am going to take your advise and step away from the laptop.

I have some magazines, a mocha and a quilt on the sofa, Google is such a blessing and a curse i think right now its just down right dangerous.

Thank you again it really does make a difference to know that such kind people, who you've never met before, are wishing you well x

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would update you on my scan today. I had the ultra sound and the doctor couldn't find anything. So she did an internal scan and said she could see a sac but couldn't find a baby or heartbeat.

So its back to the drawing board...x

Sorry to hear that :( x

Thank you for your responses. I kinda feel OK. I think i stopped clutching at straws last night and faced up to it so when i got the confirmation today i was 100% expecting it.

It only took 2 months to conceive and to be fair we weren't really trying that hard so i feel hopeful that we'll be able to conceive fairly quickly again.

Much love
Andie

Don't give up hope :) took me n oh 4 months to concieve after 7 years of me being on the pill, had a miscarriage at 5w4d then had an odd period tested a couple weeks later and I was pregnant again :) waiting for my scan to find out exactly how far I am :) and we were hardly trying aswell! Only did it a couple of times both times I got pregnant lol! X

I'm so sorry :( Fingers crossed you'll be back here really soon xx

So sorry youre going through this. hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"