Scared - Flu shot while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by PugMama22, Jan 25, 2011.

1. PugMama22

PugMama22 Well-Known Member

I got a flu shot today and I'm so scared I've done something terrible to my baby. I've read mixed reviews - a lot of people insisting on it, but a lot of people claiming in causes autism. I accepted the shot from my doctor without thinking twice, but now I'm scared to death that my baby will have autism. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Please someone tell me this is okay. I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd done something to my baby.

2. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

Having the flu shot while pregnant is fine. Did you not discuss your pregnancy with your doctor or anyone else before you had the shot?
    I doubt any sites you have read on the flu shot causing autism are backed up by any scientific research. Be careful about what you read so that when you take decisions like this you are fully informed with the facts, not opinions.
    I had the swine flu jab at 10 weeks pregnant.

3. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

At my Dr surgery, they routinely offer the flu shot to ALL pregnant women... I wouldn't have concerns if I were you. There are always negative stories out there is you go looking for them... just relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)

4. PugMama22

PugMama22 Well-Known Member

thanks girls! i know i shouldn't google and I suppose there is nothing i can do now. i feel better though from your responses!

5. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

LOL "DR" google has a LOT to answer for in my opinion <3

6. beebee17

beebee17 Well-Known Member

I am going to get it on friday. I really don't think they have any evidence to back up these claims. They used to say that about the MMR injection, that it cause autism. My daughter got that and she is fine.

Don't worry babe, you and your baby will be fine. xx