Scared hubby

mygirl

Amy and preg!
Reaction score
hi ladies. i have a 10mth old baby, and i always wanted more but after a terrible birth (high BP at 36wks caused huge problems) my hubby vowed NEVER EVER again would he risk loosing me and the baby again. so adamantly put his foot down and refused point blank to have another. after 10 mths he is starting to relax a little and as he adores his little girl i think one day he will change his mind. i am in no rush at all as i am still recovering mentally and my pelvic muscles are still not right! lol but i just wondered how many of your hubbys were the same and whether they ever changed their minds? im happy to give it a few yrs anyway but i couldnt imagine just having the one.

Hi,
I havent been in ur situation, but i didnt want to read and run! That must be an awful predicament to be in. Maybe he just needs time? :hugs:

I've never been in that situation either but see how you both feel once you're in a place yourself where you feel ready for another.

Just remember that if you had problems in your pregnancy, they should keep a close eye on you next time x

hi, it was a text book pregnancy until 36wks when my BP when sky high, at 37wks i had an induction, 30hr labour in which my BP was so high i had to have intravenous BP meds, an epidural, my baby was back to back, she got stuck, her heart beat bliped twice and she was dragged out with 2 sets of forceps, a ventouse and 2 more midwives pushing on my tummy! it hurt. a lot. but Amy wasnt breathing and my BP was 200/190 at one point i think and my poor hubby was in a right state so i dont really blame him i suppose. it would help a little if my libido came back too i suppose, but thats a different story!! he also said cuz AMy is such a sweetheart, what if another one was not so good, but i think thats just an excuse. lol, it doesnt really matter yet i suppose but i just wondered if anyone else had a similar story just so i know im not alone! silly thing is it took 7yrs to pursuade him to have the first one, i dont really want to wait another 7!

Aw, sorry you had such a hard time! I know of a very similar story, where the husband is point blank against another one as well. But I think if your other half is starting to relax a bit already, your chances will probably be much better in a few years. So don't stress too much about it, just remind him now and again how lovely it is to have siblings...

lol, unfortunalty his experience of siblings is NOT a good one, him and his sister loathe each other and i have some problems with both of mine too! not sure thats a good route to head down!!!
right now though i am wondering if Amy never has a HUMAN sibling she will grow up thinking she is a dog.......
https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs190.snc1/6368_108131010839_534305839_2639848_690661_s.jpg

Hi welcome!

Thinking she's a dog:rofl:..She'll be the princess she is, don't worry about that..

Praying your OH heart softens to the idea of another...were here in the meantime to get you through:flower:

Well apart from DUCK, DA DA, and KISSES, her words are GRRRR and WOO WOO WOOF! lol So i am a tad concerneed already!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->