scared i'm gonna feel jealous

mrsp3

Reaction score
Dh's brother and sister in law are arriving today to introduce us to their baby. I have struggled to get on with them in the past- find them both really full of themselves as well as a whole long list of other things, but i hide it so they probably don't know how i feel. i'm so anxious and nervous wondering if i'm going to die a little inside when i meet their baby. Dh's brother is v overprotective of his wife and was the type that CONSTANTLY rubbed her pregnant belly- at dinner, during a conversation, whenever. drove me bloody mad. so i can only imagine what they'll be now their baby is actually here. i really want it to be relaxing for Dh- he doesn't see his brother that much and it stresses him out that i don't like spending time with them. Any advice to help me get through it? thanks xx

oh hun its a difficult situation by the sounds of it but i guess take a deep breath and try and let it get over your head! i remember when my dd was born i was full of love and smugness for my baby and im afraid they'll be no different! just enjoy holding the baby and think one day it will be your time and you can be as smug as you like then! (and when its our turn your sis in law will have baby envy like i do whenever anyone tells me their pregnant:happydance:) good luck!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->