Scared of another C-Section :S

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I can't wait to be pregnant and have another baby but I am PETRIFIED if I have to have another section :(
I feel so bad that I had to have one, almost depressed because I feel like I have missed the best part and ultimate goal of a birth in a way...
Does anyone know the chances of having to have another one the second time?

I'm sorry, I've never given birth so I can't help you. I just didn't want to read and run. I am sure there are plenty of ladies on here who will be able to help you.

Hun, there's a really good chance of having a VBAC after a C-section. I had a section with Kaya and when No 2 comes along I'll be trying for a homebirth again. Make sure you educate yourself though - there are certain things you can do which can increase your chance of having a VBAC. There's a couple of threads in the Pregnancy Club about this very topic atm.

Hi,
this is my first active post in this forum after introducing my thread.
didn't want to read and run i am just so excited to join this forum.
Hun I know someone who had their first by a c-section and all of the rest by Normal vaginal delivery.
Your chances are high, but you should consider what the Dr have told you. and what was the reason for the C-section. if it was a breech baby then you have a great chance it won't be breech next time but if it was due to the size of your pelvic bone then I think it would be another c-section.
Good luck,

Yes, there is a good chance. From what I hear it depends on what kind of incision you had.

My advice would be that if you end up w/ a doctor or midwife that insists that you must have a c-section again just because you had one previously, run for the hills.

I don't know how things are in the England, but certain things to increase your risk, such as whether you have an obstetrician or a midwife. Please avoid pelvimetry.

There are very few reasons why you couldn't, the only definite one I can think of right now is deformity of the pelvis from polio. I greatly doubt you had that.

Hi,
this is my first active post in this forum after introducing my thread.
didn't want to read and run i am just so excited to join this forum.
Hun I know someone who had their first by a c-section and all of the rest by Normal vaginal delivery.
Your chances are high, but you should consider what the Dr have told you. and what was the reason for the C-section. if it was a breech baby then you have a great chance it won't be breech next time but if it was due to the size of your pelvic bone then I think it would be another c-section.
Good luck

Not necessarily.
OP, if the c-secton was because of baby too big, failure to progress, pelvis to small, please get another physician, midwife immediately. This happens a lot-woman gets told failure to progress/baby to big/pelvis too small, gets a c-section, then has vaginal births with progressively bigger babies. CPD (cephalopelvic disproportion) is extremely rare and is diagnosed waaaaaaaaay more than is necessary.

You may want to google the ICAN, a caesarian awareness group.

Often times the real problem is not the woman but hospital protocol or to be frank the doctor. I don't know how things are in England, but being flat on your back is a big no no.

I had to have a section as my waters were broken accidentally at my 38 week internal and after all the inducing I could have it still didn't start my contractions..typical lol!
Then after 24 hours he had to come out as due to risk of infection. Also the wound was small and perfectly healed.

hi iam in the same boat...consultant advised me 2 try for a natural birth this time. i had sooo many problems with my c-section last time, multiple infections/wound opening etc i was so traumatised afterward was horrible so i know how u feel hun iam am worriying 2, i am just going 2 try my best 2 have a natural as poss birth fingers crossed!! good luck xx

Having a section certainly does NOT mean you failed at any part of having a baby. If you delivered a fit and healthy baby into this world then that is all that matters hun. I am going to be having my third section with this baby and I don't mind it. I have accepted this will be my birth and I will enjoy it as I have my baby after it. I know vaginal births are amazing as I have had my first child that way but it is not the be all and end all. so what if you need a section, you'll have your baby after it all and that surely makes everything worth while!! It does for me.

My medical complications have meant that I haven't had a choice with my sections due to breech and transverse lie, diabetes, pre eclampsia and excess fluid. So I am accepting the fact of a section. Acceptance is half the battle. There is no reason you can't have a vbac next hun but please don't feel sad about having a section since you have your baby after it.

I had to have a section as my waters were broken accidentally at my 38 week internal and after all the inducing I could have it still didn't start my contractions..typical lol!
Then after 24 hours he had to come out as due to risk of infection. Also the wound was small and perfectly healed.

Geez I'm sorry. And I thought it could be up in there for 48-72 hours as long as nothing was put up there. It's good that the would was small.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

hi iam in the same boat...consultant advised me 2 try for a natural birth this time. i had sooo many problems with my c-section last time, multiple infections/wound opening etc i was so traumatised afterward was horrible so i know how u feel hun iam am worriying 2, i am just going 2 try my best 2 have a natural as poss birth fingers crossed!! good luck xx

Paula85, I'm so sorry. :hug::hug::hug:

Hi hun, i had my daughter by c-section and when i get pregnant i will be hoping that i can have a natural delivery. Having an emergency section is not a great experience, so i understand your concerns. I hope if possible you get the birth that you want next time xx

i'm on the other side. I had an emergency C section as i wouldn't diate. After 2 days, many drugs and waters broken i was still only 1cm... I can't believe they broke my waters when i was 1cm.. the MD had to put her hand in warm water after as it was dumb. It was so traumatic... i was climbing up the bed as they where holding me down! I am hoping and praying 2nd time aroudn they don't even try to induce me or lake me go throu labour. I am going to ask if they'll take me in a week early for a section.

Don't feel like you failed in anyway! you carried your baby for 9 months - that's the hard work.. :hugs:

thats my fear to i dont wanna have another c section i had so many infections and it opened quite bad to.

i just noticed there are a few of us whos babies are called jack who had csections. me u cheryl, paula and baby2ooo strange huh???

I know someone who had a c section with her first and it was a pretty bad birth but her second was a vaginal delivery no problems so just because you've had one c section doesn't mean you automatically have to have another. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->