Scared of disappointment

AmyGibb1997

Reaction score
Hi all.

This is going to be a long one!

for a bit of back story: I’m a 22 year old midwife and I live with my partner who is 28. My family HATE him as we had some issues at the start of our relationship. Last year I got pregnant (which was planned). I told my mum when I was 7 weeks. She went absolutely crazy and turned my whole family against me. She took my car keys and then drove me to the hospital. I told the hospital I didn’t want to go through with it, but apparently there was “something wrong” anyway, so I did... I have never forgiven myself since.

since then I have gone on to have a molar pregnancy.

I am now 8 weeks today, and with Christmas coming up I need to find a way to tell my mum.

how can I tell her?
And how can I stay strong enough to stand my ground.

Thank you for reading this far!!

I'd just be honest with your mum, it's clear to see you want your baby and she shouldn't tell you otherwise. Your an adult, with a job who doesn't live at home, there should be no issue with this at all! With regards to the issue with your partner, god every couple goes through bad times now and again, no relationship is perfect and the sooner your mum realises the better it will be, just be honest with her, and if she tries another stunt like taking you to the hospital, then refuse! What's she going to do? Bundle her pregnant adult child into the car and force you to go? Hopefully not, if she did that's another issue in itself!

Hope your okay x

This sounds difficult, I'm sorry. I would also tell her but make sure she understands that there are boundaries she cannot cross and she can't control your life, even if she's not happy about your choices. Tell her you want the little baby to have a family and loving grandparents so it would be best if she supports you rather than turning everyone against you. And if she tries forcing you to do something you don't want to, go away.
Good luck and healthy pregnancy!!

She did what?? She drove you to hospital and demanded you have an abortion? If I were you not only would I not worry a jot about her opinion, but I'd cut her from my life completely. What in the world makes her think she has any say in your adult decisions?

I wouldn't tell her this time until I am 8 months because it seems like you can't stand your ground with her. Next Christmas the baby will be around and you let her know the decision is hers if she want to be part of the baby's life or not.

I’m sorry but I have only read about parents like that in books about child abuse,if u aren’t able to stand ur ground and r still actually talking to her after that then I wouldn’t be telling her until she asked when I was too big to deny it,I’d let her have no involvement me to in my life whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->