Scared of it happening again

• Thread starter Always&4ever
  • Start date
A

Always&4ever

Any advice? Since Jasmine had her last fit, i'm terrified she could have another when were in bed and I'm to scared to go sleep :cry:

Any advice? Since Jasmine had her last fit, i'm terrified she could have another when were in bed and I'm to scared to go sleep :cry:

ohhh no you must be terrified id be the same do you have sensor matts with alarms that go if with movement?? what did the hospital put the fits down to in the end? if u dont want her getting used to sleeping in your room maybe sleep in her room for a while to reasure yourself x x x

The first one was due to an infection in her blood, and her temp got to high but there was no known cause for the second one which was the worst, everything came back clear :(.. she has another EEG on the 19th January at 2pm so I'm hoping it will clear things up for us, but thats still 10days away so I'm still panic'ing, she won't sleep with us anymore and theres no room for me to sleep in her room as its really small. I can't even fit a chair in there :( We had a sensor mat but its broke and due to all our money being in a savings account that we need to give 30days notice to get out, we can't afford another.

oh no thats terrible can the hospital not give them out im sure i read on here before someone got one from hospital? try not to pannick too much though i can understand how stressed you must be feeling id be pulling my hair out will her cot not fit into your room?

She's just moved out from being in my room as my hv had a go at me saying its unhealthy to have her with me to much as shes getting used to it and won't sleep :( it ended up with too many fights with my hubby that were upsetting Jasmine so I went along with it but I find i'm panic'ing to much

health visitors dont know it all though if your worried its upto you what you do it wont be long now untill 19th of january time will fly but i really not sure what to say now hun x

If you want her back in your room, I think you should have her, she's your baby and your peace of mind and her safety is whats most important.

My older brother slept in my parents room until he was 2 years old (because my parents lost their first baby, so they needed that closeness for their peace of mind) and he was still a happy healthy normal independant child and grew up into a really amazing person, so... you really cant do any harm by keeping her in your room for as long as you feel you want her there.

But is it healthy to keep moving her? I'm still not going to sleep as il be watching her all night? I'm exhausted pretty much 24/7 anyway, should we do a rota and always have somebody sit with her?

You'll drive yourself crazy if you always have to have someone watching her. I undertand though, Jasper stopped breathing for a couple of minutes when he was a week old and so my OH and I check him several times a night and during the day also, its 6 weeks on since it happened and we're still always aware and always checking he's breathing. I think having a rota wouldn't work for us though, because I know that my OH can check him and I check him a minute later, because I need to see him breathing myself... we're SLOWLY getting better, and also, its becoming a bit of a habit or routine and becoming less emotional. (I still get a fright from time to time, when he's breathing softly, I'm getting better at feeling even the slightest deep sleep breathing)

Really sorry that u had to go through this hunny, All i can say is although not for the same reasons but i too have felt the same way as u after my 9 year old daughter suffered a serious asthma attack in september. I couldnt sleep at night for weeks after and used to check on her every 5 minutes in the night driving myself crazy over it. Just wanted to say things will get easier for you and u will settle back into a more relaxed routine. Give it time as things are still fresh in your mind that u are bound to feel this way. Hugs xx

Awww hun I am so sorry you have had to go through this :hug: I dont have any advice because I have never been in a situation like it, but I hope someone can give you some good advice, I see the girls before me have had some good ideas, hope you get sorted hun :hugs:

Thanks girls! I saw our doctor this morning who said try not to worry and that its very rare fits happen in their sleep, its usually when they are awake, I managed to get 2 hours earlier but still won't relax so for now il try and grab a couple of hours in the day when Rich can be with Jasmine

I'm sorry you're going through this and I'm not surprised you're worried. Hopefully what the Dr said about it rarely happening at night will help you to relax a bit.

I know you'll know this but you really should be trying to rest hun!

I know, and I do try to relax, just really struggle to get into sleep mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->