Scared of what he might do next...

lylasmummy

Reaction score
Ok, this is weird, for the last month or so my husband has been doing some weird stuff in his sleep, first one I remember is being woken up by his hand in my face, as if he had lifted his arm and dropped his hand on my face, not an actual hit iykwim, I woke him up, he didnt remember anything.

Then 2 weeks ago, he MOO'd really loudly, at the time it was funny, I took the mick out of him for days, then 2 nights later he shouted BOO BOO! Twice, well I nearly had a heart attack, scared the life put of me.

Then another night I woke up to him digging the point of his elbow in the middle of my back with quite a bt of pressure, this really hurt :cry: i woke him again, he just says, its not my fault, Im asleep, but Im left in pain.

Last night I turned over in my sleep and he was RIGHT THERE on my pillow, I hit my nose on his head really hard and it made me cry, he gets mad with me cos I get mad with him.

I just spoke to him and he suggested he sleeps on sofa tonight but its not gonna help, he cant sleep on sofa forever.

The only thing I think has changed recently is he is out of work and we are really struggling money wise, could this cause it?

Im scared of what he could do next, I have visions of him having a bad dream and him trying to suffocate me with a pillow or something :cry:

Oh hun that must be awful for the both of you. I don't have any advice but I do think stress could be causing it!

I hope you find a solution soon xxx

That's sounds like a nightmare (no pun intended)

I would suggest going to the doctors. Does sound like stress
:hugs:

I would suggest going to the drs too, they may be able to refer him to a sleep therapist to see whats causing it x

Thanks girls, he is gonna try and go to bed earlier, see if that helps at all, he said if it carries on he will go to doctors.

I love him when he is awake but starting to dread bedtime :nope:

My sisers bloke does/says strange things in his sleep too. Not sure if there is a cure for it. Defo make him go doctors if it carrys on

Could very well be stress related. I hope he can get some help. Good luck x

Maybe you just need a bigger bed, so you aren't so close together. My husband and I used to sleep in a full size bed and were constantly hitting each other in the middle of the night. We got a king size and now I barely notice he's even there. :haha: It might be something to look into. In the meantime, try not to get to upset with him. It's doesn't sound like he is purposely doing these things.

gosh. My OH has bit me in his sleep before and elbowed me in the eye but they were both a good few months apart, the resent one was he thought i was falling off the bed (i was in the middle) and he grabbed me by my stomach and pulled! Iv noticed with him it mainly when hes extra tired so i try to make sure he has longer in bed now and it hasnt happened since FX. Hope you get it sorted hun its awful :hugs:

:hugs:

My DH does some very bizarre and sometimes alarming things in his sleep as well. Definitely stress can be a factor, as can being over-tired, having had alcohol doesn't help either. Some medications can affect sleep/dreams too and could affect it. The GP should be able to help x

Maybe you just need a bigger bed, so you aren't so close together. My husband and I used to sleep in a full size bed and were constantly hitting each other in the middle of the night. We got a king size and now I barely notice he's even there. :haha: It might be something to look into. In the meantime, try not to get to upset with him. It's doesn't sound like he is purposely doing these things.

I agree here. OH regularly encrouches on to my side of the bed, but a quick knee in the ribs to him moves him.

I do not think he is purposefully doing it, and whilst it may be stress related it might also just be that his mind is more active than usual.

sounds awful hun :( i have done that bang face thing and it really shocks you :(
not sure what to suggest? maybe 1 night on sofa for him so your both rested x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"