Scared. Struggling to stop preterm labor

Bella12

Reaction score
So I went for my 32 week check up and it turned out I was 3 cm dialated and was sent to labor and delivery.

I've had steroid shots for lung development and 48 hours of magnesium sulfate.

My body keeps progressing and contractions keep starting. So I'm very stressed and worried about my baby.

If your baby came now, statistics say it would be fine. Maybe a nicu stay but fine over all.

My dd2 tried to come at 32wks but labor stalled and I had to be induced at 40wks!

Hi hun this happened to me at 30 weeks but luckily there was no dilating but contractions continued on and still have them now at 37 weeks! Hoping your baby decides to stay put x

I hope baby continues to stay put for a while :hugs:

Oh goodness hon I hope it all stops and u go on to go full term. What a worry.

Thanks everyone! Still at hospital. Day 5. They won't let me leave hospital bc I'm 4cm dialated and having constant contractions. The contractions are not causing any additional cervical change. I want baby to stay in my belly longer but staying at hospital until that happens is killing me.

Here in the US, you can leave A.M.A. they cant force you to stay.

I cant speak to the UK

After 9 days in hospital, they let me go home. I'm still contracting about 6-8 times an hour but the doctors said it didn't look like it was causing any additional cervical change.

Thankfully, I'm not going back to work. I'm still feeling scared and nervous. This is my third baby and I've never felt like a baby was going to just fall out. I close my eyes and pray through every contraction. I keep telling myself mind over body.

Praying to make it to 34 weeks and hopefully beyond.

I hope that you can get plenty of rest and baby stays put a bit longer <3

How are you doing now? I feel like I’m in a similar boat as you. Except I’m just 28 weeks. I was getting a lot of contractions last Monday (at 27 weeks) that just weren’t easing up no matter what I did so I went into labor and delivery to be monitored. They said the contractions weren’t too close together but I was already 3 cm dilated. And the fetal fibronectin came back positive. They only kept me a few hours though. I was given nifedipine to help ease contractions. Im on bedrest now too. The meds work some but I’m still contracting. Not quite as many as you have but anywhere from every 15-25 min on average though sometimes closer and sometimes farther. But this is with taking medication every 4 hrs around the clock. It has been sooo stressful which doesn’t help at all. I start to get super panicky when they start to get closer together and I literally just can’t calm myself down which I swear makes the contractions worse. Sounds like if you are still pregnant that you are about 34 weeks right now which I am praying I make it to! I know that’s not completely ideal to deliver that early but it sure sounds a lot better than 32 and especially 28. I hope you are still hanging in there and can make it to 37 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->