scared to have sex

josiegavin

Reaction score
Hello I found out im 4 weeks pregnant the other day and me and my fiance are very very happy about it. But since I have found out im scared to have sex incase something bad happens. I no it may sound silly but is it safe to still have sex or is there a chance I could misscarry???:cry:

It is safe to have sex. It won't cause you to miscarry however it can cause bleeding which could scare you. I have had bleeding and spotting twice. Once a few days after we Did the deed. Our dr said it's ok (doesn't think it was the cause of the bleeding) to do so but recommended we wait because it could cause unnecessary worry.

So yes it is safe. Just know it could cause some bleeding or spotting. We have only done the deed once in about 8-10 weeks. We are waiting until our next midwife appointment at 14 weeks.

There are lots of other ways to be intimate so until the worry dissipates it might be better to use another way. We found praying together is way more intimate than relations.

Hope it helps.

Thanku very much for replying to me it has eased my mind thanku xxx

You're not alone, as much as I miss it, I'm scared to. I want to wait until after I get through the first trimester. I feel sorry for my SO, but we do other things so that he doesn't feel like I am neglecting him. It is safe to have sex, but I would just prefer not to.

Like the others said, it is safe to have sex while pregnant. It wont cause you to miscarry, and the only time you would be told if you are high risk.

Now, I'm sure you haven't been to the doctor yet to find out if you are high risk, so if you are too concerned I would suggest waiting until you talk to one and get the clear from them.

Until then, like the others said, find others ways to be intimate. There are way more than one way!

I am so excited about my lil baby growing inside me I keep gettin morning sickness tho I fort it was abit early as im only 4 weeks xxx

Morning sickness was my first sign I was pregnant and I found out at 3+3. As to sexual relations whilst pregnant I found the first time we did it I had a little spotting but after that nothing. There are plenty of ways to be Intimate. Including your partner is key, speak to them as they may feel left out or unimportant now baby is on the way.

H+H 8 months to you xx

We haven't had sex since I found out I was pregnant :wacko:
I may need some loving!

With our previous pregnancies, I started spotting afterwards which led us to find out we were MC. But it had nothing to do with sex. At all. I think my cervix might just be extra sensitive.

This time, I wanted to wait 2 weeks (Jewish Ritual) and then start having sex again, but I started spotting right at the end of those two weeks, and for three weeks. I was advised not to have intercourse, and I really didn't feel like it anyways.
Right now it looks like the spotting has finally stopped and I am so excited to get back at it this evening, I just hope I'm not sick. I definitely need the intimacy, couples do, and I think especially during these first weeks it's important to share and be there for each other. I am afraid of starting to spot again, but I'm after a few US and know that the spotting isn't from sex, or anything that's wrong, so that does ease my mind a bit.

I don't know if I helped or not, but the bottom line is- if your doctor didn't say no- have fun :)

We just had sex for the first time since we found out yesterday. I too was just paranoid and didn't feel comfortable with doing so...

I didn't then either because I had a miscarriage nightmare. But all is fine, still finding baby on Doppler. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->