scared to have sweep tuesday

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
really unsure of what to expect:( ,, i had one while in labour with my first to get things moving and was really painful as at the time i was having a contraction:dohh:,, just wondering if its very painful and if anyone has had any sucess after having one?, Thanks:flower:

Its not a pleasurable experience, but its not bad either. Just try NOT to pay attention to what they are doing. It is designed to be uncomfortable really as they are trying to irritate it to get stuff going.

I had 2 attempts in the last week but my cervix is tilted the wrong way so they were effectively digging for it - that was not nice. BUT its not as sore as an actual bad contraction.

I had 3 of them last time and tbh I don't remember anything bad about them, they where just like having a swab done.

I had one last time and I don't remember it being painful, it didn't work.

I will worn you tho that there could be blood afterwards, more spotty than anything. No one told me this and I freaked out because I was always told blood was bad. x

i was a bit nervous before mine (last wednesday) but after all the worrying she couldn't even do it as my cervix wasn't soft enough and she couldn't "get in". It was a little painful when she first put her fingers in but I've been having the same pain when dtd with dh so i was expecting it. The worst part was keeping my legs in the right position - I'm so unflexible these days!

I'm looking forward to the next attempt this wednesday as I was really upset when this one was unsuccessful. Hopefully it will start labour and I won't have to be induced. Have got my heart set on a water birth and don't think I'll be allowed one if they induce me :(

Good luck with yours though hun, as with most things we build up in our heads, it won't be as bad as you're thinking xx

thankyou:) il try anything exept anything harmful of course lol to get this lil boy moving:) not been a very nice pregnancy:( im soo done!:(x

I had one with my first. I was 39+1 as was being induced at 40 wks. She was able to do it but it didn't start off my labour. I found it fine. It didn't hurt just felt a bit weird and uncomfortable but then that's hardly surprising considering what they are doing! I had a bloody show and cramps afterwards. I think if your body is ready then it works if not then it wont but its worth a shot. I've got mine Monday at 40+2. Fingers crossed my cervix is soft and she can do it

Hi I had my 2nd sweep today i am 41 + 3 with second baby. I was the same before I had the first sweep and was worried that it would really hurt but it didnt at all, if anything it just felt a bit uncomfortable. So far they havent worked for me which is a shame as really wanted to avoid induction on tuesday but doesnt look like im going to :-(

You probably found it really painful before as you were having contractions at the time... Can imagine that must have been pretty awful but if your not having contractions its honestly nothing to worry about. I didnt have any bleeding either time. Good luck and try not to worry :) xxxx

Thanks:) defo put ma mind at ease:) can i just ask if it dosnt work will they offer me another one before induction?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->