Scared to tell my parents

M

Miss406

Ok, so judging by the title I suspect you all think I am a young teenager who had a one night fling with someone....

Nope... I am 28 years of age, I am going through divorce from my husband of whom I left last year due to domestic abuse circumstances.
I already have 5 children and I have only been with this new partner since March this year...

I am that scared of telling them that next weeks scan (at nearly 9 weeks) will be sent to them in their Christmas Card as our announcement to them...
We're also doing the same for his parents; though he is the same age as me and only has one child, so his should be thrilled(ish).

Anyone else in the same predicament as me? How did your parents take it? I'm so scared of telling them, it's actually unreal! :cry::wacko::nope:

Sorry you're in this situation.
Honestly don't let their reactions bother you too much my hubby told his mum yesterday ( who we pretty much have no contact with cause she's a grade A bitch ) and all age could say was 'congrats to all, mum' and she didn't even reply to my text. And this is only our third! She's a rotten woman and I know it hurt my DH feelings that she didn't show any enthusiasm. But there's nothing we can do about it so water off a ducks back I say :)
I hope you get a good reaction, if not I'm sure once they get used to the idea they will come around. Don't let it dampen your happiness.

I'm scared to tell my dad and I'm 28 and married with no children. I don't know why I'm scared- I think it's because I know he doesn't think we have enough money but that just because he earns a lot. I don't see him very often so if he's not supportive it won't matter much but he might surprise me as it is his first grandchild.

Got my 12 week scan tomorrow so agreed to tell in laws tomorrow evening and I'm dreading it so much, I'm actually worked up about it, it's a baby and a new family member the only reaction should be happiness but we don't expect that from his mum. Still trying to not let it ruin the feeling of the scan tomorrow ... Hugs Hun xxxx

Oh hun, i was sort of in your position i with my last pregnancy, i was going through a divorce and had a new partner and we had only been together for 4 months when i fell pregnant, my mum didnt take it well but that is because she didnt like my partner because he didnt back down to her (she likes people to do things her way only), i did get upset at the time with how she took it, but she was the only one who took it so badly everyone else was happy for us. I wasnt speaking to my mum at the time id fallen pregnant so thats what made her reaction worse, but she truly regretted it a short way into my pregnancy when she had sorted out her differences with my OH, but i would not worry hun even if at first you dont get the reaction you would like a couple of months down the line they will be excited, and you might be suprised they might be really excited straight away hun, my mum was worried she thought we would never last, well we are now having our second baby together and this time my mums reaction was much better lol x

Gotta say Im not looking forward to telling my mum.. I know she will be happy but also know her first reaction will be shock and then concern for me (i have multiple sclerosis) she will also voice the fact that she thinks Im mad (have 3 kids already) hopefully though she will be happy and it just takes time for that to show through... Mil will probably cry again (happy tears as will be her 2nd grandchild)

I feel the same, more so about MIL as she wasnt thrilled first and second time I got pregnant either, she didnt even say congratulations. She loves my LG now of course but when you are pregnant and hormonal last thing you need is to think someone will react badly. Dont let them get to you, if they cant react nicely then tell them you think they are being unfair and that you are guessing they wont want to see the new baby when they arrive then....coz they all soon change their tune once the baby arrives dont they?

Doesn't it seem so silly? I'm 26 and was terrified to tell my parents. When my older son was 8 months old, his baby brother was conceived. Then when that baby was 2 months old, this current pregnancy was conceived. I told about a week after testing positive, and my mom just laughed and father said we're blessed, although two weeks before, my mom was saying if I got pregnant again she would kill me. Haha. My sister takes it the hardest because she is infertile, although she has two kids thanks to medications galore. Still, she takes jabs at me whenever possible and makes sure to stress me out whenever she can when I'm pregnant.

But I hope your parents are okay with it. I mean, things happen, and isn't every baby a blessing? :)

Not sure if this helps but I am also in the middle of a divorce from my ex husband. We had two girls together. We seperated April of 2012 due to physical abuse and I only met my fiancé pail of this year and I'm 9 weeks pregnant.

Most people jump to "oh it's too soon" but I just tell them I'm happy and if they love me they will be happy for me.
So far no one has seemed disappointed. Worried for
Me but happy.

If you want to talk you should pm me. Sounds like we are in similar situations.

I wouldn't say I'm "scared" to tell my family, but I'm definitely not looking forward to it. I'm 35 with two teenage girls. This will be my S/O first child and really after so long it's almost like my first again. I just don't want to deal with the disapproval.

Most of my family live in another state. My mother will be fine with it, but everyone else will be very poo poo about it. Maybe I can get away with never telling them! Oh this child? Hm, I found it!

Doesn't it seem so silly? I'm 26 and was terrified to tell my parents. When my older son was 8 months old, his baby brother was conceived. Then when that baby was 2 months old, this current pregnancy was conceived. I told about a week after testing positive, and my mom just laughed and father said we're blessed, although two weeks before, my mom was saying if I got pregnant again she would kill me. Haha. My sister takes it the hardest because she is infertile, although she has two kids thanks to medications galore. Still, she takes jabs at me whenever possible and makes sure to stress me out whenever she can when I'm pregnant.

But I hope your parents are okay with it. I mean, things happen, and isn't every baby a blessing? :)

Im sorry this is nothing to do with the thread but im in the same boat as u, my eldest is 2 next month dd2 is 3 months old and i fount out 2 weeks ago im pregnant again and i remember u while i was haveing DD2 lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->