scared to try again after D and C

dare2dream

pregnant after loss
Reaction score
I had to have a D and C in april after finding out my baby didn't make it past 6 weeks even tho I was 11 weeks along after going through a week of medication of tryin to bring on the miscarriage naturaly 2 doses later my bnody just couldn't do it alone and ended up having a D and C I then bled for a long time and needed to take 6 tablets every 6 hours to clamp my uterus down, this stopped the bleeding and approximately 2 and a half weeks later I had my first period altho it was very light which I presume was due to the lining already being scraped away by the D and C, I'm now entering into my fertile stage and whilst I'm scared the ache in my heart to carry my husbands child is giving me the strenth to hope that this time thing will work out diffrently.... Is there anyone else tryin again so soon after a loss?

i had a d&c 4 weeks ago. My period has not yet arrived but we are having unprotected sex. just see what happens. its is sad and we will remeber our baby who passed but its exciting to try again. i am also terrified in case it happends again tho x

Dare2dream, I've just started my first AF today after my medical management for mmc 5 weeks ago and we are going to start ttc this month :thumbup:

Like you, I am a mixture of being desperate to be pregnant again and terrified of having another mc. But my desire to be a mother is overpowering any fear of another mc - I cannot and will not give up. I have so much love to give a child, as does my OH. We need to face the fear and just pray that next time for all of us ladies things go right x

Hi, I had a h&h first pregnancy with my son. When I got preggo for a second time I assumed everything would be fine. Well, I had a mc at 7 weeks. I was shocked. I didn't even know how common they were until I started telling people and then they started sharing their stories. After I had my d & c and af arrived I got preggo again first cycle try! Resulting in a h&h daughter :) You never know it could happen very quickly. When it does one thing is for sure you will enjoy it more than you would of before PLUS you won't be taking it for granted. Goodluck **hugs**

Hi Dare2dream. so so sorry for your loss :( we miscarried in December at 11 wks and only started officially trying last cycle. I got my AF right away like you (also had a D+C and had a lot of clotting issues) but havent been ready (emotionally) to try until now...

The doctor recommended I wait at least 2 normal periods to start TTC again and when I asked why she said that your body gets stronger each cycle and the percentages of women who are able to go on to sustain a healthy pregnancy are higher... BUT there are a TON of women on this forum who start right away and go on to have very healthy babies (like Kleinfor3) so its what you feel most comfortable with.
good luck! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->