Scared, worried ... Update 2 - not so good

Thinking of you today update when you can, little man behave for your mummy x

Great news :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

The scan this morning showed that the bloodflow has been restored to the placenta, apparently the steroid jabs can have that effect on me (though they didn't tell me that!).

I've been given the all-clear for the weekend, and I'm back in on Monday afternoon for the next doppler scan. I'm due to return on Weds for my general placenta clinic, and I got the impression this is the routine from now on, scans every 2-3 days.

Beanie's heart is still strong, though I've been advised to keep a closer eye on his movements and contact the Triage unit if I think he's not being so active. Any tips for getting him active (Lucozade? crawling on hands and knees?) gratefully received!

So pleased for you lets hope it continues like this, i find anything cold helps to get them active so ice cold water or ice lollys etc xx

So pleased for you :hugs: hang in there little man!

Today's scan showed that the blood-flow has reverted, the benefit of the steroids has worn off. I am now waiting to hear whether my consultant wants to see me tomorrow, or not until Wednesday's scheduled scan - and then when he wants to admit me for continual monitoring prior to a section.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: im really sorry the bloodflow has reversed again, try and stay positive if you can which I understand will be hard, with continued monitoring you will be in the best possible hands and im sure they'll try and hold off as long as possible. Im sure some of the other girls will be able to shed more light on babies born prior to 33 weeks. Fingers crossed he can hang on a while longer and that your section etc goes smoothly xxxxxxx

Big hugs hun, keep us posted xxx

:hugs: I had a similar thing with Evie, she was diagnosed as IUGR due to the placental blood flow, although I was further along than you (32 weeks). She was delivered at 34 weeks exactly weighing 3lb 12oz. Hope all goes ok with the scan etc. :hugs:. xx

i have just been reading and having a catch up. bless you. what a rollercoaster. sending you lots of hugs and best wishes and hope you get on ok with your doplar:hugs:

Oh Hun i thought things were going so well for you :hugs: hopefully they can keep lo in there a little longer, i would ask them to give you more steriods but they might say you dont need them as 1 dose should be enough anyway so wouldnt worry. My middle dd was born at 28 wks weighed 2lbs and that was due to the placenta not working and then had placenta abruption but shes fine im sure your baby will be as well xx

Oh no!
Have they given you an estimated weight recently? You have done very well to get to 29 weeks. Chances are that as long as the flow remains absent (and not reversed) they will allow the pregnancy to continue under close supervision.
Every day makes a huge difference at this stage. Keep us up to date if you can.

my oldest was born prem he wasnt growing much at all... so i was getting growth scans and monitoring every week/2 weeks.... they delived him at 32 weeks due to him going in distress it worked out for the best though because they could feed him better out than in... the placenta just stopped feeding him and i had placental abrubtion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->