Scared

Mya209

Reaction score
Just been to the hospital because I've been having problems with my kidneys. She's put me on long term antibiotics which might mess up my pill. So I reluctantly blurted out that I might be coming off the pill soon anyway. She asked if it was just for me or trying for a baby. I just kind of nodded and couldn't bring myself to admit it. She's the first person other than my OH who i've said it out loud to. It felt awful, like I was being a silly, dreamy child and I kind of expected her to say "what do you mean? What a stupid idea, you can't possibly do that!" (which of course she didn't).

I know feeling like this must be natural for some people. I've been a bit scared of actually doing the baby thing. But I've realised that the doubts probably won't go away and u just have to go with your positive feelings of wanting a baby etc. Just looking for reasurance really.

Dont worry hun - i know how you feel. I have to go the doctors soon to get the pill to 'rearrange' my cycle for when i go on holiday (so the witch isnt visiting me while im away) Im scared that she will ask me about ttc as i feel she will tell me im to young etc. I will tell her though as she may be able to offer me some good advice.

If you feel within yourself that its the right time then dont let anyone else tell you otherwise. I always get told by OH family that we should wait etc etc. Im 22. Most of his family have had children by that age so i dont know why they think we should wait. It does annoy me a bit, we have been together 4.5 years and have a mortgage and a very strong relationship.... O dear - im sorry - kind of went off on one then :rofl:

:hugs: dont worry - its normal to feel worried about ttc.

xxx

It's not really that I'm worried someone else will say that to me, it's more that that's how I feel inside. Like I'm a fraud or deluded for even thinking of doing it. :/

:hugs: when do you plan to ttc? if you dont feel ready then perhaps put it off for a few months?

I'm not saying I'm not ready. I want to do this more than anything. Putting it off would be devistating. It's just that I feel like Its not really me doing this.. Maybe it's too hard to explain.

I kinda know how you feel Mya.
Do you sometimes find yourself trying to convince yourself it's a bad idea?
I want it more than anything. I'm quite young compared to a lot of people on here - and what people think of me and about having a baby make me feel almost guilty to be in a position where we're going to start trying.

What matters though is me and my OH know we're ready (well.. will be in Aug/Sept when we start TTC) and both our families are being so supportive.

I don't feel silly for it, but part of me is trying to convince myself that it's silly because of what other people will say and think.
I dunno, like you said - it's very hard to explain!!!

It's not really that I'm worried someone else will say that to me, it's more that that's how I feel inside. Like I'm a fraud or deluded for even thinking of doing it. :/

I get like that! I want a baby more then anything... although I feel like Im standing outside of my own body watching myself talk when I admit that I want a baby to friends... especially when they give u that look off.. 'what are u saying?!?!' my mates are all 21 though - so dont really understand.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"