Scary Side Effects of Weaning?

Linzalora

Reaction score
I have breastfed for 2 years fairly easily. My son has slowly started to drop nursing sessions, but he is still nursing. My period returned 4 weeks ago, and then all kinds of things suddenly happened:

Severe allergic rhinitis with increased pressure in face and head
Cold flashes
Extreme fatigue with heart rate drops
Anxiety
Insomnia
Tinnitus

I did have sinusitis, which was resolved with antibiotics, but the drainage from the rhinitis is still ongoing. I have seen 6 doctors and went to the ER once. All tests and scans were normal. I'm desperate and terrified because I feel so "off".

Anyone out there have any of those symptoms? Is there anything you can do that helps? Thank you in advance.

Any chance you could be pregnant?

Hey, Jess. Thanks for the suggestion. The blood work at the ER confirmed not pregnant. All those symptoms started at the same time as my period.

I had similar symptoms when I had low folic acid and B12. The tests for these aren't always reliable and some people are more sensitive to levels dropping than others so even on the low side of normal you could get symptoms.

All those things could be a post viral syndrome too.

Thanks, Noon, I hadn't thought of those. I am taking prenatal vitamins and probiotics. I wish I could get more sleep, but that doesn't seem very likely.

My anxiety was much improved today, but I had very little patience with my toddler. To be fair, he was a toot today- fussing about everything and refusing to nap for 4 hours.

I started my 2nd cycle. I really hope it keeps getting better. I hate feeling out of control.

Tinnitus can be caused by antibiotics but also can be caused by the sinus infection. I hope it goes away for you but even when you feel like you are clearing the infection the ears can still take a while to clear up. As for the other stuff I am not sure but maybe it is hormones trying to regulate after so long. Good luck hun! I hope you feel better and more like yourself soon!

Thanks, Hoping, and congrats on your BFP!

Yes, I've noticed the tinnitus has gotten better. I did not know that antibiotics could do that! Crazy. It took two rounds of antibiotics to kill off the infection, so it must've been really bad. I have been feeling better each day, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->