Sch bleeding

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
I'm 7w1d and have had brown spotting every day since Bfp. At 6w0d, I had a big red bleed, and panicked. Went for emergency ultrasound and discovered twins. Red blood lasted literally 5 minutes, then back to brown. Doctor found small sch on ultrasound and said I may have more bleeding, and not to be alarmed unless I started filling pads with blood. Well today, I had another red bleed. About the same as last time (half a panty liner filled). And again... Bleeding lasted maybe 20 minutes, and then back to brown. I know this is "normal" for someone with an sch, but it's still absolutely terrifying, and puts so much doubt and fear into my mindset. Anyone else had a similar experience?

I have had that and know how scary it can be. Unfortunately it wasn't a great outcome for me but there were other signs my baby was always behind on dates etc. I have known lots and lots of women on here to have healthy babies with a sch so try not to panic and congrats on twins. How wonderful x

I had two sch's with my son.. had a few bleeding episodes then by 10 weeks the sch's were gone :) I have a happy, healthy 2 1/2 year old :)

I also had 2 massive schs with dd2, the doctors were very concerned by the size, and they were present up until my 20 u/s, and then they disappeared! Only had some tiny spotting, never a big bleed like they said I would. I know it is stressful, but they are actually quite common. Most don't cause problems, just a hassle!

I had a ultrasound yesterday at early pregnancy unit I'm 8 weeks & 5days they seem a little bleed just outside near the sac (hence the spotting I am having) they basically told me not too worry it's quiet common she said she didn't refer to it as a SCH she just said small bleed, but I googled and it comes up with SCH so must be the same, on Google I can't believe how common it is and most of
The women go on to have healthy babies, I read that it's 1-3% chance of miscarriage but that's depending how big the bleed, how the growth is with baby and if it grows, so we are still 97-99% everything will be okay, I had to read all this off inherent as like I said all they told me was a small bleed and not to worry I haven't got a follow up scan, only my NU scan at 13 weeks & 2 days, from what I have read the bleeding all sounds normal they even told me I might expect more bleeding as its got to come
Out somewhere is it doesn't absorbed, I can understand your worry I'm worrying to as I get bits of bleeding some cramps, I'm just trying to stay positive especially with the statics, just try and rest hun don't over do things, no heavy lifting etc no sex until the SCH has gone, I'm sure everything will be okay, as long as you ain't bleeding very heavy with clots etc, if you are still worried try and have a word with GP or midwife, and congratulations on the twins hun xxx

I had quite a big bleed a 11+6, which left me in hospital overnight. The doctor that examined me initially told me that I should expect to miscarry again, although I had a scan the following day and they diagnosed an SCH. I was told that whilst they couldn't guarantee that everything would be okay, the baby looked fine and in most cases they either bleed out or get reabsorbed.

I have continued to bleed/spot since and had a follow up scan yesterday. I was told that the SCH has got bigger but it doesn't seem to be affecting the blood supply as baby is still very active and growing at the expected rate.

I won't tell you not to panic as I've been freaking out since it happened but chances are all will be fine. I'm booking a private scan at 16/17 weeks, so I'm hoping that shows that it's gone/got smaller x

This happened to me in my first pregnancy. I had quite heavy bleeding which lasted a day (enough to fill a pad) at 6 weeks but they wouldn´t scan me until 8 weeks because they didn´t want to put me in "limbo". The baby´s heart might not have started beating until 8 weeks. It was a horrible 2 weeks but when I went for the scan at 8 weeks the baby was fit and healthy, no probs at all. I continued to spot all through my first trimester but gave birth to a happy healthy baby boy exactly on my due date in the end.

So happy to hear that many of you had a happy ending with your sch. The far is absolutely crippling and the minute you start to get excited about your pregnancy, the brown spotting or bleeding brings you right back to remembering how fragile it is. It's so so hard.

"3boys"...I'm so sorry for your loss with sch. How unfair. One of my babies has been 2 days behind, but re says that's completely normal. How far behind was your angel? Did u hear a heartbeat?

Today my spotting has been a tan colour twice today when I wiped, I've just been loo twice this evening and now I'm having orange/peach colour discharge when I wipe is this normal? Is it the SCH? Never spotted Orange ever before in my life xx

I was a good bit behind it's years ago so can't really remember they first thought blighted ovum as week after week it was empty sac so they booked me in for d&c did a scan and found a hb got be to come back following week and hb was still there that was around 8 wks and I think baby was measuring 6 baby stopped growing shortly after but I didn't realise until 13 wks so completely different to your story. No comparison really x

Sorry you are going through the bleeding. It is scary. This is my first rainbow baby and with her I bled from weeks 6-12. With three very heavy bright red bleeds, lots of brown and peach blood, some black clots. I finally passed three big black clots and the spotting and bleeding stopped. My SCH got bigger but was gone by week 12. So far my little one is doing great- always measuring ahead. My Dr. said she just ignored the bleeding and continued to grow as normal. He did put me on pelvic rest too- no lifting, exercise, or sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->