scheduled nap times

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
so now that we've got Hannah sleeping in her crib for her naps :happydance: I thought I'd ask a few more questions! How many of you do scheduled nap times? Or do you just let your baby sleep when they are tired. So far we've always let Hannah sleep when she's tired. Most times she only sleeps 30-45 minutes though today she slept a record 2.5 hours this afternoon :shock:

When she was tired

At one point it was a cert morning afternoon early evening nap but we've recently kind of stopped the evening nap ...prolonged the morning one and a later afternoon.

If that helps.

I think it was a case of working with what we felt she needed and recently we felt that maybe the nap routine was effecting her night sleep so did as I mentioned :D

If shes SHATTERED we'll put her down in the evening too though depending on the day you've had with her.

Hopeall makes sense :blush: one is now tired and sloping to bed x x

I tend to let Sam sleep when he´s tired and falls asleep himself, rather than trying to make him go to sleep at a certain time during the day.

He generally will nod off mid morning for anything between 30mins to one and a half hours, and will go in the afternoon as well. He does tend to try and fight sleep a bit too, so if I notice the old eye rubbing going off and he´s getting crotchety and won´t fall asleep, I´ll stick him in the pram and go for a walk or put him in his car seat and go out in the car somewhere as he´ll always sleep in the car.

i just let Ali sleep as and when he wants. he is sleeping just now come to mention it!!!! the more they get the more they want.....

:hug:

Christine
XXXX

chloe has just always slept when tired, but has recently got herself into a nap routine and sleeps at the same times every day- I still cant get her to stay asleep unless I hold her though :(

I let my bubs go to sleep whenever he is tierd...he seems to be tierd at the same time everyday though so it kind of worked itself out xx

chloe has just always slept when tired, but has recently got herself into a nap routine and sleeps at the same times every day- I still cant get her to stay asleep unless I hold her though :(

:hug: I know that's hard

It honestly got to the point with us, with Hannah's teething and general crabbiness that we HAD to do something different. Also I did find that when we tried to get her to nap on her own 2-3 weeks ago she was having none of it but as she's gotten older she's gotten easier to put down. We do still have to stand and rock with her until she's very drowsy, and sometimes we do have to pick her up and start all over again, but it gets better daily

i rock charlie to sleep when he starts getting tired but it usually arund the same times in the day - 11.30 ish and 4ish xx

I don't schedule her nap times.
She naps when she's tired,even though most of the times I can predict when that'll be (like after her bottle at 7 p.m etc. ) and her naps are about 45 minutes,an hour tops.
I know if I actually set her nap time,she'd refuse to sleep :dohh:

I never did scheduled naps. My kids napped when they were tired. :)

That's what we do with Hannah and it seems to work. She does go down at pretty much the same times daily and I can predict roughly when she'll sleep which is nice. Would be nicer if she slept longer :rofl: But we're working on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->