School Anxit

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Not posted on here for a long time but need some help and advice. My little girl is 5 now and in 2nd year at school. I thought after her being at creche since she was 1 the transition to school would be a breeze but it's not. We never have much of a problem getting her into school but some of the stories I am hearing back from her are causing me anxiety. She comes home telling me the other children won't play her game's with her and I have told her she should join in their games and not be too bossy as I know she had a fierce bossy side. Then when I ask her who she wants to invite to her bday party she says nobody am I worrying for nothing

I certainly would go have a chat with her teacher

I would have a word with the teacher, it's probably nowhere near as bad as you hear it. My youngest used to tell me that 'S' wasn't her freind anymore and that S had new freinds and they didn't let her play. I said she must have other friends but she said she didn't. After having a word with the teacher we established that she does actually have a very good group of friends and is a happy, well like and popular member of the class.

My son is the same, I had a talk with his teachers and they managed to pair him with children who can understand him. His TA also recruited her elder daughter to find him groups to play with during the breaks, every time she sees him walking alone she encourages him to join children in their play.

He is also bossy & have his "rules" when it comes to playing, if children are only running around & following each other that is not "play" for him.

He is in PY1 now & this year he has friends & he even invited them to his birthday, and he arranged a play date with one of them.

Thank you for the replies apologies for late reply had wifi issues. Have had a chat with the teacher and she said shes not noticed a problem and is happyat school but will keep an eye on it

My DD has similar issues. She sometimes says she doesn't like school as lunch time play is too long. She finds herself with noone to play with. She has lots of friends and is fine in class, but when in an unstructured play setting with little adult supervision she seems to struggle. Similarly to the rest of you, I think is because she wants the games to be played her way, and gets cross if the others are doing it differently. She also had a strong sense of what's fair, and tells me she shouts if the others don't give her a turn in games. I spoke to the teacher, who said there wasn't a problem, but there isn't in class time and the teacher doesn't know what's going on at lunch. I'm going to have another chat with him as she's saying she doesn't want to go to school because of it. It's so odd because she lives the other children and plays with then happily in other situations. They've all invited each other to their birthday parties, long before the birthday parties were actually being planned!

I hope everything is ok at school. We can't talk about school to thomas. He cries and says home. Cries when We put his uniform on and most of the time carry him to the bus......

He LOVES school. We have no idea why He acts like He does but there are no issues whatsoever He joins in with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->