School bully

B

bethany90

My daughter is quite childish for her age, she's just turned six and all the girls in her class act like 13 year olds lol. Abbie is very innocent and very naive, she thinks everyone is her friend and she only sees the good in people, she wouldn't hurt a fly. I was taking her to school today and their was two girls pointing and laughing at her but Abbie had no idea bless her! One of the girls asked her to come over and they were asking her to sing and dance, Abbie thought they were being nice so she did and they were whispering and laughing at her calling her stupid. Abbie started crying so i told her to stay away from them.

The next day one of the girls mum said she was very sorry and she told me that she punished her child for being so mean. The girl who was laughing had made her a sorry card and she give her some sweets, she was made to say sorry too. Her mum said she hoped we were still friends, i told her that kids can be very nasty but i'd never take it out on her.

One of the girls called Sarah is supposed to be one of Abbie's best friends, she was just under the influence of the other girl who always hits or name calls Abbie. It really upsets me because Abbie can't see that this girl is a bully. I was taking Abbie on a day out last weekend and i told her to invite a friend, she invited the bully when i asked why she said because she wanted to be friends with her and hoped she would be nice to her. It really breaks my heart when she says this because she doesn't understand :cry:

When Abbie made me a mothers day card she came running out of school crying and could barly speak, when i asked what was wrong the teacher explained that she had put a lot of time into making me a card and Rachel (the one who picks on Abbie) had ripped it up and Abbie tried to selotape it back together but cried because it didn't look right. Rachel came out of school laughing at her :cry:

She gets name called by this girl too, she'll call her stupid, ugly, smelly, fat, silly, the usual childish name calling.

Has anyone else had experiences with bullies? I'm not sure what to do about it

Awe... poor Abbie. You can be assured that you've raised her up right, as she sounds perfectly sweet and innocent!

I've no kids yet, so I don't feel comfortable offering my advice to you. Didn't want to read and run though.

Just make sure she knows you love her no matter what! Even if her mother's day card was crooked :)

:hugs:

My heart goes out to you sweetie. I've been through this so many times with my son.

Did the teacher do anything to deal with this child that tore up the card.

Personally I'd be up the school finding out what they are doing with regards to this childs behaviour towards your daughter. All schools should have an anti-bullying policy.

I actually took my son out of scholl for a day once whilst the school sorted issues out. The teacher had the whole class together and gave them a talk about how ot behave properly towards each other, & also spoke to the individual children involved.

It does seem to have got a lot better now.

I hope things get better soon.:hug:

I'm so sorry, that is awful! I would have a meeting with the teacher and principal of the school about it, they need to watch for it and do something each time it happens. We had a bit of a problem with a bully with Landon this year but it was him hitting him. We had to explain that he HAD to stand up for himself. H was the same way just wanted to be nice. But we told him to go right to his teacher if something happened, his response was he didn't want to get the bully in trouble, but we had to explain that he had to be taught not to be mean to other kids that Landon wouldn't want him being mean to other kids too right? And he agreed that he wouldn't want that so he did tell the teacher. We also told him when he started hitting him to stand up and push him back hard enough to get him away and told him to tell him in a really mean voice that he needs to keep his hands to himself. It worked out and they are actually friends now. I think girls especially though get jealous of each other so they will be mean. I would really talk to people in charge to find out what can be done. I hope things get better!

This is awful!!! Your daughter sounds like a complete sweety and she doesn't deserve that. Have you spoken to the school about this? It's utterly unnacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->