school incident

redtree

Reaction score
Hello ladies.It's going to be long but please read.
I need your advice - what does your school/teachers do when your child had an accident I mean bump to the head on the school playground. Do they call you and tell you what happened or just give you a incident slip?And what would you prefer just the slip or call.Thank you

If the bump is just superficial then we just get told at the end of the day. If it was serious then they call.

If the bump is just superficial then we just get told at the end of the day. If it was serious then they call.

This :thumbup:

yep this for my kids too.

I had a call from nursery when a little boy bashed my 4 year old's head in with a brick. Blood everywhere. We had to take him to hospital.

Other than that, both at school for my older 2, and nursery for my 4 year old, they just tell me "your child has had an incident" and explain what it is. Nursery gets me to sign a form about it, whereas school just sends home a note.

With my dd1 she used to get a big sticker saying she had had an accident. Anything serious they would have called.

Oh gosh Alicecooper, what an awful thing to happen to your lo at nursery.

With my dd1 she used to get a big sticker saying she had had an accident. Anything serious they would have called.

Oh gosh Alicecooper, what an awful thing to happen to your lo at nursery.

Yeah it was awful. I was shaking whilst driving to nursery. We got there and found him with his head bandaged - he was absolutely as white as a sheet.

Luckily the wound itself wasn't too bad. It needed glueing by the doctor but not stitches.

It's fine now (it was at the beginning of Nov). Was really scary to get that call though.

My son sprained his arm, and my son called. Our school does shit all. My then 5 year old daughter went missing for over 20 minutes, and no one called. I found out months later.

I get a text from my daughters school if she's injured telling me to look out for an incident slip. if it's a head injury though they call me. x

My son bumped his nose & it bled, they told us at the end of the day at pick up. I remember signing a form for accidents, in case there is something serious we ticked that they should call us immediately

It's our nurserys policy to call to let parents know of any bump to the head. I get called at least 3 times a week! And then we have to sign the accident book when we collect them. If it's just a bump and he's ok, I'd rather just be told when I collect. I panic when I see the schools number on my phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->