School run after a c section

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm overdue so popping in from the third trimester. I had an emergency c section with my son and due to being overdue :( I'm having another section on Tuesday.

Of course I remember the recovery from my section being tough and this time I have the school run to do as well.

My husband has two weeks off and my mum is coming to help a few days a week.

I wondered what others have done in this situation? I have friends I can ask to help but it's likely to be 2-3 days a week drop off and pick up. This is until I can drive again safely. I know the recommended is 6 weeks but if you have your GP's permission (and insurers are happy) you can beforehand.

I don't want to take the Micky out of friends by asking - I was thinking I could get taxis as well to drop and collect for a few days as well.....

Any advice would be fab x

I had Emma by c-section on a Thursday and was back driving my son to school on the following Monday. I felt fine to drive and we don't have any insurance.

If you have people to ask just do it though. I had zero help and wish if had at least a day or two of someone helping me out.

This was my third section and I felt absolutely fine by about a week post partum but I know everyone is different.

I did the school run on my own after about three weeks and that was earlier than i wanted to drive really! I think i overdid it and caused myself more pain as i found the recovery more painful this time. I had lots of offers to help as well but didnt want to rely on others too much but i probably should have let them help me more!

I had my son on the Tuesday,home early am Thursday and walked down to my sons nursery as soon as I was home. I just had to take it really slow :) 20 minute walk each way xx

I had no offers of help either so I was doing the school run after a week. The worst part for me was trying to get a heavy double buggy up and down kerbs otherwise I just had to get on with it

I don't drive (yet) but when I had my c section with daisy i had her Monday the 28th home on the 30th which was the Wednesday and my other half went back to work 2 days later and I walked my eldest to and from nursery up a hill there and back twice a day! Felt like crap after though to be honest just take care xx

Thanks ladies. I've had my section now - we had a baby girl! This week and next are fine it's week three where my in laws are away when we will need help. We have had offers but you know when you think people have offered and then if you take it up you might look cheeky! But hopefully we can ask a few people to help and then I can get taxis if need be with the babba if we are stuck.

I'm amazed at what some of you ladies did after your sections - so much walking so quickly! I'm five days post op and feel ok just tight pains inside and couldn't dream of walking or driving yet!

I was driving to school and back 3 weeks after my section. The nurse practitioner at my doctors said that actually there are no restrictions on driving after a section and as long as you are comfortable enough to wear the seat belt and do an emergency stop then the should be fine to drive. Might be worth checking with insurance that you will be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->