School starters!! How was the first week

lau86

Reaction score
Omg I take my son to school in the morning and pick up Kevin the teenager! His attitude is awful. He answers me back, makes demands, says I'm rude/ naughty if I explain why he can't have what he wants, shouts at me. He was a lovely boy over the school holidays and since school he's been like this.
He is being very aggressive with his brother, pushing/ hitting/ squeezing him. Now his brother is copying and thinks he can behave. I've taken toys away and am sending him to his room then giving him a good talking to. Im so disappointed as I really thought this behaviour had gone for a while.

Aww nooo. Josh has been tired but ok. Its probably tiredness and theyve suddenly got to concentrate and be on best behaviour at school after the summer off im sure u will all adjust.

Rhys is 4 and just started JK. He's done pretty well with it just been a bit tired. It wasn't a full week though, just 2 days as they do a staggered start with JKs. My 8 year old daughter hasn't actually started school yet for the school year :wacko: She was sick ALL of last week.

My son went back into year one and is still tired after school. He is just exhausted until I give him a snack and a big cup of juice. I think he is tired and hungry/thirsty and I've found giving him ten minutes to have a snack helps the tiredness and crankiness! But it lasted all reception and still in year one and like yours he was great during the summer. It's really exhausting for them concentrating all day I think. x

Yep caz he is much better when he has a snack! He inhaled a pack of chicken bits before!

Before I can get close to DS after school I have to throw fruit/bread sticks/cake at him or he will unleash overtired fury on me. Our easiest routine now is eat multiple snacks on the way home (bonus de-stropping points if they are 90% sugar), then do something calm when we get home like Lego or coloring, have dinner and then stick the TV on before bed. Then when the theme tune for something he really likes comes on I pause the TV and we do his reading; super mean but otherwise he won't do it! Then bedtime (thank you merciful God)

Before I can get close to DS after school I have to throw fruit/bread sticks/cake at him or he will unleash overtired fury on me. Our easiest routine now is eat multiple snacks on the way home (bonus de-stropping points if they are 90% sugar), then do something calm when we get home like Lego or coloring, have dinner and then stick the TV on before bed. Then when the theme tune for something he really likes comes on I pause the TV and we do his reading; super mean but otherwise he won't do it! Then bedtime (thank you merciful God)

LOL!!!

Yup similar to our routine....

Home then snack and ten minutes of iPad. Then play, dinner at five. More play until tv before bath and bed.

Mine doesn't get tired, but yes always really hungry when gets home, makes me concerned about their portions as he has a big appetite (but is 50th centile) he's just on the go ALL day especially when you factor in breakfast and after school club so I just worry he's not getting enough fuel!

I also have one super fragile twin here! I know it is cause he has to unload pent up emotions and cause he is tired. We usually go for a (short) walk to the playground to burn off the pent up energy/emotion and that seems to help. Snacks help us a lot too but mainly he is tired and needs to go to bed earlier.

It's hard isn't it, they're still so little. He is doing very well in school itself, he brought home a good behaviour chart and it was all filled in with stickers. Just after school is hard and his brother misses him. Also the structure of the day is a bit weird as I feel like after lunch I'm just waiting to go and pick him up.

On Tuesday, Violet will be starting her third week of preschool. She had somewhat mixed emotions about it the first week, but now, headed into the third week, she's excited to go back. We just had one rough day, but she's been handling it really well. It's only 3 days a week for 3 hours each day. Tuesday will be a long day though as she'll have to be there for some daycare hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->