School uniform - how much to buy?

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
DS starts school in September and I'm just not sure how many sets of uniform to buy. So far I've bought 2 pairs of trousers and 4 polo shirts. Need to buy sweatshirts too. Would you always send your child to school in fresh clean clothes, or not worry about a few grass stains/marks from yesterday's lunch?!

My daughter has a new outfit for everyday,(plus a spare in her bag) then I wash and iron the lot Friday night/Saturday

When DS started he had 4 pairs of shorts and 5 polo shirts. I always worked on the basis that the polo shirt needed changing every day but the shorts i only changed if they were actually dirty. Now he's older and doesn't draw on himself with the wipe board pen! or clean the floor with his shirt then he usually wears 1 shirt for 2 days.
He's only ever had one school jumper as he takes it off as soon as he gets to school anyway.

I've pretty much finished buying DD's uniform for her starting in Sept and i've bought:

2 dresses
4 shirts
1 cardigan

I don't see the point in over buying as i can always wash midweek if i need it as i've always got plenty to wash!

I've got two trousers, four polos and a sweatshirt. I wouldn't send him in mucky clothes but I always wash through the week.

I've bought a few extras so now have 3 trousers, 4 polo shirts and 3 sweatshirts. I do wash mid week, but I bet he'll still end up going in a bit mucky occasionally!

I bought 2 of each as i had to get them from the school and that cost me £100

I fell into the trap of buying 80% of his stuff from the school! I spent quite a bit (£130+) and realise now I didn't really have to. First time I've ever bought school stuff in my defence :haha: I'll definitely be changing him every day, so have plenty of shirts - they wear proper shirts and not polos so got him short sleeves so he doesn't get dirty cuffs. Got 2 pairs shorts and 4 trousers, I'm hoping that's fine for now! Wynsors is a fab website for shoes, I was struggling to find shoes but got Velcro kickers from there for almost half price.

feeling very behind in all this lol. i was given a load of hand me downs by a friend so having bought a couple of things from the school i have 4 jumpers, 1 polo, 2 trousers and 1 shorts. i still need pe kit, socks and shoes and more shirts.

I have bought two polo shirts, two skirts, two cardigans & two dresses. I'm just going to see how we get on, I can always do a quick wash if needs be or buy more as the year progresses.

I like to have a clean uniform for everyday, so I always buy like 6 polos, 6 dresses, 6 cardis. I've done for the same for my Son who starts in September x

I've bought 2 pinafores, 2 skirts, 4 polo shirts and 1 cardigan. Plus PE kit. I have a really really messy child though lol xx

My DS has 3 polo tops with logo, 3 jumpers with logo and then 3 pairs of trousers. Enough to have a clean one of every day while the other is washed x

I've bought three dress's 3 cardigans, 5 pairs of socks, 4 polo shirts and a pair of shoes I don't know if it's enough

We have 2 polo shirts with logo and 3 without, 3 sweatshirt and 4 trousers. I wouldn't want to send him in dirty clothes, just like I wouldn't go out in dirty clothes I guess... I've probably overbought, but is rather know we have enough (at least that's what I told my husband haha!) :haha:

So far I have 2 skirts, 2 pinafores, 2 trousers, 4 shirts and 4 cardigans haha still need to get gym stuff aswell such as polo shirts and shorts, even though she is going into primary 4 she tends to have a clean uniform everyday and always without fail ends up with yoghurt somewhere lol x

My DD has 5 polo t-shirts, 2 cardigans with logo, 2 pinafores, 2 summer dresses, 1 skirt, 1 pair of trousers and 2 pe polo t-shirts with the logo. I just have to get her some pe bottoms and shoes and im done xx

I got 4 polo shirts, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of trousers, 2 skirts and 2 school cardigans. Probably too much but things tend to come in packs of 2!

I try to make sure each of the kids has for the start of the September term at least :

2 jumpers
2 shirts
2 pairs of trousers
1 pair of PE shorts
1 pair of PE jogging bottoms
1 PE polo shirt
1 tie
5 pairs of socks
2 thermal vests
1 pair of pumps
1 pair of school shoes
1 pair of trainers for PE

and then I replace them through the year as they get ruined or lost or as the kids grow.

Then around Easter time (or a little earlier if the weather is fine) I buy the boys 2 pairs of shorts, and DD 2 skirts, and I buy them each 2 short sleeved shirts. And then they switch to wearing those when the weather gets warmer.

We've had 3 jumpers and 3 polo shirts this year. Ive gotta get his trousers on wednesday when i go shopping but am planning on getting 3 pairs xx

I've gone for 3 pinafores, 5 polo shirts, 2 skirts, 1 summer dress, 2 pair trousers, 6 pairs of socks, 1 logo PE t shirt, 1 PE shorts, 1 pair school shoes, 1 pair pumps, 2 school cardigans and 1 school jumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->