School Uniforms

C

Ceejay123

It's that time of year again... just looking for a bit of advice regarding the best places to buy kids school uniforms :)

Shoes - I'm a fan of Clarks - Anywhere else I should be aware of?

Trousers? - Next/George are about my only knowledge

P.E Kits? Book Bags?

Also how many sets will you be buying of things? Will you be buying 1-2 then size checking through the year? Or bulk buying? :) :dohh:

Has your school given you a uniform list?

Shoes - we usually buy from a store called Gordon Scott which is a sub store of Jones. John Lewis as well stock a good range as does Russell and Bromley.

Uniform - Sainsburys is very good. Again John Lewis, Marks, Asda, Tesco etc, they all seem to sell stuff now.

PE kits and book bags we have to get directly from the school stockist, in fact all of DD's unform comes from there apart from her navy skirts. It's worth checking if there is a uniform list for the school on their website.

As for sizing, we've got an apt in 2 weeks to have DD measured for hers but she'll probably be wearing an age 4 as she's small. We intend to start off with:

2 logo cardigans
2 logo polo shirts
1 logo fleece
1 winter coat
2 navy skirts
1 navy pinafore
3 pairs of tights, 5 pairs of knee high socks
1 Summer hat
1 hat, gloves, scarf
1 pair of school shoes

PE Kit - 1 polo shirt, 1 pair of shorts, 1 tracksuit, 1 pair of trainers

But will buy any replacements etc throughout the year.

He is only at pre school 3 days a week so I will buy two jumpers and two white polo shirts (uniform is optional). He will wear his own trousers as I'm not sure proper school trousers are the most comfortable for a 3 yr old.
I had a look at tesco, their white polos didn't look white!! More of an off grey.
I'll try marks and spencer or john Lewis. I prefer to pay slightly more and get more wear out of it. I hope?? This is my first time buying!
I will get his jumpers at the school

Shoes I buy from Clark's, they seem to last most of the year whereas if I buy them from anywhere else I usually have to change after each half term. We get them properly measured so there's always that but of growing room. If we do have to buy some later in the year we always just go asda or tesco though as it's usually only half a term so would be a waste to spend 30 ish for 6 weeks.

We buy cardigans from the school website and all other uniform comes from tesco. I usually buy enough to last 2 terms as then they need summer dresses, if they did grow out of a size or they get stained etc then I would replace when needed.

We will be buying:

2-3 skirts
2 cardigans
5 polo shirts
5 socks
1 p.e shirt
1 p.e shorts and
1 plimsols.

When summer term comes along they will have 3 dresses each.

For my youngest she will have a book bag from the school whilst the older 2 will choose, probably something like monster high or one direction which I will buy from the internet. P.e bags I'll just let them choose themselves, it will usually be one of the drawstring types with characters on. :)

Edit: they will also have a winter coat that is only used for school and then in the summer they usually have a rain mac. They are allowed to wear whichever ones they want at their school.

Ill be doing a haul at George.

Not sure exactly how much of each thing were going to be getting yet but probably:

4 polo shirts
1 logo cardigan
1 logo jumper
1 grey dress
1 skirt
2 pairs of trousers
1 pair of shoes
Grey tights

I'm a bit worried though as even the 3-4 stuff is hanging off her at the moment! Hoping for a growth spurt by september

I wouldn't recommend m&s uniforms. I got most of it from there last year, the polos went stiff and curly quickly, the sweatshirt/joggers were SO bobbly inside that I was still hoovering the bits by Christmas term. The joggers ended up wearing right through the knees too, (although I will say they keep their colour very well). The only decent thing I got was his coat. The offers there are good though so I picked up some trousers, but they're thinner than the George at Asda ones I got last year. Deffo unimpressed.
Debenhams have great polos, much softer and wash really well.
Book bag/sweatshirt you should be able to buy at the school or schoolwear shops.

This year I've got two trousers, four polos, one logo sweatshirt, one pe kit (joggers and t shirt), shoes (FOB will be buying), lunchbox (FOB), book bag free from the school, and coat which I'll buy from the school in September.

I have bought

6 polo shirts (they're only a few quid a pack and she's a messy eater so i know she'll need a clean one most days!)
2 red cardigans
2 grey pinafores
2 grey trousers
7 pairs white socks
2 white pe shirts
1 summer dress (in case it's hot in sept, but i bought in the size up so if not needed should do next summer)

I still need
1 logo pullover
black pe shorts
Grey tights
Book bag
Pe bag
Shoes

Will get the bags through school, shoes at clarks (we live about 45 mins from a clarks outtlet so will do a day out there this summer!) Everything else from tesco/asda. Fortunately they aren't too strict at her school about specific design etc so it's easy enough to get hold of stuff from supermarkets.

My daughter starts school soon, I'm getting most of hers from Next because I know it's good quality and my daughter is petite so a lot of places the stuff just hangs off her but I know Next clothes fit her lovely as that's where most her clothes are from now, and her shoes I usually buy from startrite anyway so I'll be looking there, or if not I'll try Clarks. Not 100% sure what she needs yet but the school will be giving me a uniform list.

I would look at Start-rite for shoes they fit my little one much better than Clarks

My daughter starts reception in september. We had to get skirts, polo shirts, jumpers and all the pe kit and book back from the school. " of each cost £100

I still need to get her

Shoes
red tights and grey tight
spair grey trousers
white socks
New fleece or school coat

Does anyone know if i will need to get pencils and paper etc for her bag?

I go to wyndsors world of shoes for DD school shoes they are fab. Asda or sainsburys for uniform, I will be going to asda for hers for going back to school they have hello kitty pinafores, skirt, t shirts and trousers in just now so gorgeous

I've not bought any school logo stuff as it's really expensive and my neighbour gives me her sons old jumpers and t shirts with logo on.

School bag just depends what DD wants for going back she wants a monster high bag, I can get one filled with stationary for £11 on Amazon!

PE kit I got at asda just plain black shorts and white t shirts. Plimsolls for indoors I got at asda.

I usually buy in the next size up so at the min 6-7 so it lasts a bit longer and don't need to keep replacing, I think I have 4 jumpers, 3 cardis, 3 pinafore dresses, 2 skirts, 2 trousers as I only change her uniform every few days unless really dirty, good old baby wipes for little marks in between so get longer wear out of the colour too as DD jumpers are red so can fade really quickly. I was using the comfort for colours and whites fabric conditioners but they have been discontinued 😭

For Joshua we got:-

3 x School Jumpers
3 x White Polo Shirts (Asda)
3 x Grey Trousers (Asda)
1 x PE Kit
1 Angry Birds Bag (book bag)
Shoes from Clarks

I recommend Trousers from Asda, really cheap but very hard wearing. They has lasted all year and still look brand new

I have got some bits in matalan a they do smaller sizes, 3-4 fine for polo shirts and jumpers but needs 2-3 trousers and supermarket ones don't start that small :dohh:

It's a catholic school so they're quite strict with the uniform. Though most doesn't have logos on. Brown Skirts, brown cardigans and white shirts :) x

So far I have her:

1 check lightweight dress (Tesco)
1 grey dress (Tesco)
1 black dress (ASDA)
1 grey skirt (Tesco)
5 3/4 length jersey collared tops (3 form next then found that asda to the EXACT same ones!)
1 Cardigan (asda)
3 red tights (asda)
3 blue tights (asda)
4 pairs modesty shorts (asda)
2 pairs gym shorts (asda)
2 white t-shirts for pe. (h&M)
1 white long sleeve top for pe (h&M)
black cowboy type boots for wetter days - (very)
1 pair hush puppies - got them in the sale in May (very)
1 waterproof jacket - (Vertbaudet)

Still need to get these socks she wants, and the school logo jumpers and plimsoles and a school bag!

Fab thread thank you!
All I've bought so far is some plimsolls and some PE tshirts. The school doesn't give a kit list as such which is a pain in the arse! No where does it say if you have to buy the logo stuff. I'm hoping not as it costs 8.50 per tshirt! School uniform is bloody expensive!

Fab thread thank you!
All I've bought so far is some plimsolls and some PE tshirts. The school doesn't give a kit list as such which is a pain in the arse! No where does it say if you have to buy the logo stuff. I'm hoping not as it costs 8.50 per tshirt! School uniform is bloody expensive!

The school my LO is going to says they sell logo stuff but doesn't say you have to have it so I'll just be buying plain cardigans in the school colour because it's a lot cheaper!

We are quite lucky we can get logo stuff off tesco direct quite cheap

I have brought 5 logo polo shirts from tesco direct
2 pairs of trousers from marks
Shoes from marks
2 logo sweatshirts from tesco direct
School fleece water proof coat from tesco direct
1 white pe school logo t shirt from tesco direct
Pe shorts tesco
Pe bag from school shop in town
Book bag from tesco direct
Rain jacket in bag from amazon
Plimsoles
Water bottle

Fab thread thank you!

The school my LO is going to says they sell logo stuff but doesn't say you have to have it so I'll just be buying plain cardigans in the school colour because it's a lot cheaper!

Well I've taken the plunge and bought 4 non logo tshirts. I don't want him to be the only one not in the right stuff but, £8.50 for one tshirt is incredibly expensive!
Need to find some decent quality trousers the ones I bought from asda feel horrible and my little boy wwouldn't even entertain trying them on!

maybe consider vivobarefoot for school shoes. They have even a special in some countries/schools where they supply them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->