Sciatica already or something else???

wtbmummy

Reaction score
For this past week I have been getting niggly pains in my hip/bum. At first it was tiny pains apon getting up, after long day walking etc..

But now its a lot of the time. I am currently sitting on my sofa and the very top of my bum/hip is killing me (at this point i should point out i have a kidney problem which im aware could also be causing the pain)
Just sitting here and I feel like crying its so painful.
It doesnt seem to matter what im doing ithurts. Its more my left but my right too. I constantly have RLS aswell which is driving me crazy at night.

Does this sound like the joys of sciatica emerging or possibly something else?

Thanks everyone xx

I don't know anything about kidney problems, but it could very well be sciatica, especially if you are still hauling around a toddler (I still pick up my 3-year-old a lot, and it wreaks havoc on the hips during pregnancy). Swimming really helps me. Probably super cold where you are, but maybe you can access an indoor pool? But if you think it can be related to kidney problems, of course get it checked out.

At one point I had sciatica that even lots of swimming and stretching in the water couldn't touch, but that was just after my baby flipped head-down at like 32 weeks, and his head was literally pressing on the sciatic nerve for a week or so. Eventually he moved a little and the sciatica disappeared.

I had terrible RLS through my first pregnancy, and just suffered through it. This time, I learned that it can caused by nutritional deficiencies. In my case, anemia, so getting my iron levels up and also taking a magnesium drink before bed really helped. Now I only get RLS if I foolishly eat chocolate sometime during the day (most people don't know that chocolate contains stimulant substances, but it does). Caffeine would aggravate it too, but I don't drink coffee when pregnant or nursing anyway.

I'm having the exact same thing, I had it on an off before getting pregnant but more off than on and noticed the pain started after a lot of walking, doing loads of housework etc but I've had it a lot in the past 3 weeks mostly after being active a lot during the day/babysitting my 15month old neice.

I've found a hot bath helps ease the pain but nothing else does.

My back pain ans sciatica flare starting at 20 weeks when tge relaxin hormone increases.. Makes sense. Heat helps my pain but nothing takes it away.

I've had pain in bottom and top of leg since about 10 weeks some days fine some days agony, I did stretch leg over opposite knee Saturday and that seemed to help, I'm going to try & go swimming today to stretch it out too

I feel this as well and for me its posterior pelvic pain which is super common. Stretch it out with yoga. You can find videos on youtube to get you by. It helps a ton!! But talk to your doc about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->