Sciatica Anyone?

PineappleHead

Mommy of two
Reaction score
:hi:Just wondering if anyone's developed sciatica during their pregnancy?
It's gotten pretty bad for me lately and I want to know if there's anything I can do to help relieve the pain. :(
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Mine got quite bad whilst I was pregnant, the only way I got ever get comfy was by lying on my side in bed scrunched up in a ball. Mine was really bad around xmas last yr, totally ruined it for me!

yeah i got it really bad around week 18 but luckly for me is much better now, one thing i really found helped was getting a pregnancy pillow to sleep with at night as it really supports my back. When my sciatica was at its worst the best nights sleep i actually got was when i was with dh when he was in hopsital and i had to sleep on the sofa in the room as that really supported my back!!

I had this terribly with my 1st child. I would randomly have times where I would be standing in a shop crying my eyes out with the pain. Speaking to my midwife and Dr was told that there is nothing that can be done for it grin and bear it! I still occasionally get it now 3 and a half years later. However a friend of mine also suffered from this 15 years after her babies and had accupuncture which cleared it up compleatly. x

What my be good isto see a chiropractor. They know how to manipulate bones, joints, tendons etc.

They could recommend a way to ease your discomfort.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ladies, mis nit possible to get sciatica pain in the abdomen? I had it years ago in my lower back and had physio for it and since then it flared up every now and again, but not enough to concern me. However in the last week I have had serious lower left abdo pain, so bad I was admitted to hopsital on tuesday as they thought the pain was being caused by ectopic pg, thankfully it wasn't, but no one could explain the pain which I'm still experiancing, and I've started to think it could be the sciatica flaring up, but wasn't sure you could get it anywhere other than your back!!??

Hi Ladies, mis nit possible to get sciatica pain in the abdomen? I had it years ago in my lower back and had physio for it and since then it flared up every now and again, but not enough to concern me. However in the last week I have had serious lower left abdo pain, so bad I was admitted to hopsital on tuesday as they thought the pain was being caused by ectopic pg, thankfully it wasn't, but no one could explain the pain which I'm still experiancing, and I've started to think it could be the sciatica flaring up, but wasn't sure you could get it anywhere other than your back!!??

First off, thanks ladies for all of your help! :thumbup:
Second, to TTCbambino- I saw ur ticker where you are pg- what you're thinking is sciatica might be round ligament pains

I have developed it in the last few weeks down my right leg and back... its so painful especially after getting up after a nights sleep.. I have tried a herbal heat pack which can work for a little while but not very long term :(

i had this with my first.... i remember once i was walking back from a meal out and got this shooting pain up my bum so bad, my OH had to carry me home.
in the end i was sent for physio because it was just shockin pain.

I went to the chiropractor and felt 50% better after 1 visit. I couldnt hardly walk going into the place!

Not sure whether it's the same thing, but baby occasionally sits on my sciatic nerve sending shooting pains down my left buttock and leg.

Spoke to me sister about it, as it was causing such pain, and she suggested kneeling on the bed (kind of on all fours) then put your head down lower than your bum. This was to encourage baby to move off the nerve.

It actually eased it a bit, and now it's all good.

So now, when baby decides to give the nerve another poke, I just go up to bed...get on all fours and stick my bum in the air for a bit...seems to keep working for me.

Lucy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->