Sciatica pain

Amethyste

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
How I started having a bit of sciatica before I got pregnant 6 years ago. It wasn't anything major and It was just the odds time. Anyway the last couple of months I ve been having sciatica pain around ovulation. I am in the middle of a massive flare now, pretty much unbearable, I don't remember having it that bad before. Anyway we have been slightly trying the last few months but now I have been googling it and read all those horrible things and now I am panicking ( I am quite an anxious person). Anybody suffer from sciatica during ovulation ? Or can calm me down somehow ?thanks xxx

Hi :) I had mild sciatica with my first, and then with my second pregnancy it was very bad to the point I couldn’t walk far, and ended up in physio. Since then it’s come and gone, but I have noticed it very bad this last week, which actually coincides with ovulation (last Wednesday/Thursday) but I wouldnt have connected the two if you hadn’t mentioned it! It sucks, I’ve been really sore the last few days, but using an ice pack (not heat my physio said, never use heat on it) really helps.

What is it that’s worrying you in particular?

Well right now, I ve been so much in pain today that I feel like it s never ever gonna go away . I read it could be linked to endometriosis or adeniomosis and how people had fertility problems and hysterectomies. And how am I supposed to get pregnant if I am always poorly during ovulation, I ve been using heatpads on my buttock and leg and I ll Def get some ibuprofen tomorrow if it stays like that.. 😢😢

The heat pads make it worse in the long run as they cause swelling of the nerve which exacerbates the issue. Only use ice packs instead, as they reducing the swelling and the pressure in the nerve. Have you looked in to physio? Also be careful how much you lift, and make sure when you sit you don’t put extra pressure on one side.

I didn’t know the pain was linked to any fertility issues, I think if you are worried about that then you should definitely discuss it with your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->