Sciatica support

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Hello after suffering from sciatica for along time now and talking to others who share my pain i thought id make a "official" support thread for us to rant about our pain and share tips on pain relief and what helps us deal with this horrid pain.

Heres my story so far
i was diagnosed with sciatica from around 20 weeks pregnant ans wasnt offered any help from my surgery for dealing with the pain so i just delt with it by using heat and taking baths.

my son is now 14 months and im still suffering :( the doctors dont seem to want to help me so its very frustrating, ive now been put on Naproxen and co codamol for 1 month and see what happens.

personaly i dont see the point in covering up a pain id like to get to the root of the problem and sort it.

but one good thing ive been given a number for back pain direct which id never heard of before so im goin to call them later.

the number is (uk) 01827263856

hiya i too have sciatica amongst other things and back pain uk have been very good - i was referred to a pain clinic which wasnt what i expected but helped a bit.

the best thing i have found that helps is a chiropractor

yeah i was talking to sonya about it earlier and she suggested a chiropractor id never even thought about it until today so im going to look into it and hope it doesnt cost too much as i doubt id get any help thru the nhs with seeing one.

Normally the first appointment is normally about £40-50 then appts after that are about £20-30 for 40 mins ish ! hope that helps

Normally the first appointment is normally about £40-50 then appts after that are about £20-30 for 40 mins ish ! hope that helps

woo thats not as bad as i thought it wud be ile be calling around tomo and try to get a appoinment x

I had sciatica a long time ago but have been pain free for years. But, when i was pregnant i got it back - i had 2 sciatic nerve madssages at a local complimentary health centre and they worked wonders!! Went completely!! x

I have suffered from sciatica on and off for years brought on by years of high impact excercise. I got it back recently after I gave birth, I was on Naproxen and Co-dydramal, it lasted longer than six weeks and then I was told it was lumbago...
Having back pain is the most deblitating thing in the world, I had to give up BF as I was desperate for pain killers...
The thing that helps the pain go is Kinesei therapy...it works wonders...any form of regular massage is good for sciatica....

Thanks for this thread...

I have suffered from sciatica on and off for years brought on by years of high impact excercise. I got it back recently after I gave birth, I was on Naproxen and Co-dydramal, it lasted longer than six weeks and then I was told it was lumbago...
Having back pain is the most deblitating thing in the world, I had to give up BF as I was desperate for pain killers...
The thing that helps the pain go is Kinesei therapy...it works wonders...any form of regular massage is good for sciatica....

Thanks for this thread...

i think the naproxen im on is making me ill i feel sick everyday :(

i will look into the kinesei therapy its driving me crazy that all the doctors want to do is drug us up instead of helping stop the pain all together altho sometimes the drugs are great lol.

im on co codamol and its also helping with the pain im getting from a giant mouth ulcers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->