Sciatica?!

M

MummyNash

Has anybody else got sciatica?!

Mine started pretty much straight after having Harley (6months) ago, I have been to the doctor numerous times now and have been prescribed tablets upon tablets, exercises to do, but nothing is helping much the tablets help abit however they make me tired,sick,dizzy,faint,stomach pains and give me headaches.
Right now i cant move, am stuck on a chair.. it gets so bad i cry in agony, sitting and laying down is the worst, it is near impossible to turn around in bed, its even worse when Harley wakes up at night and i need to get out. I don't know how longer i can do this for... just said to my OH id be happier without my leg, and tbh im not even kidding, i honestly don't no what to do anymore, i suffer with depression also and this really isn't helping :cry:

Hi there, I had it around 5 months after losing a LO at 18 weeks, and then when I was around 8 weeks pregnant again. It was HORRENDOUS and I am so SORRY you are going through it. I couldnt walk without having to hold on to something. I remember trying to get out of the car once and just collapsed because I couldn't move. I couldnt even put my own socks on! It was horrid.

I went to see an Osteopath - he took one look at me and knew it was a herniated disc (or a slipped disc), within 4 weeks it got better, not gone, but better. The sessions helped ease the pain for a bit afterwards. The excercises he did were really to help the muscles around the pain move around again to help the herniated disc heal. And once things got better he did some amazing deep tissue massage to help parts of the body move around properly again. He also did some ultra sound treatment to help the healing process too.

Bio Freeze is amazing stuff... I suggest you get some.... Deep Freeze is just as good. Also sleeping with a pillow in between your legs may help.

I really hope it gets better for you xxx

So sorry to hear about your loss :nope:
I just had it the worst that i have felt, i couldn't move my leg! its weird though because it felt like someone was stabbing me in the calve muscle... never had pain like that there before, think i just spent the past half hour crying and feeling sorry for myself, its so unbelievably sore, i would rather give birth every day for a year than have this!! At least the drugs worked! I have now been put on Gabapentine.... i take 3 a day, but nothing just feeling sick :cry:

The doctor has requested that i attend physiotherapy and im waiting on a letter coming through for a date but it has been about 2 weeks now, im thinking its because of Christmas but i just cant wait much longer :cry:
I sleep with a pillow in-between my legs but doesn't do to much tbh, as we speak i have a hot water bottle scolding my leg as it seems to numb the pain, or i use heat packs.. they help abit.. what is bio freeze??

Btw i cant believe your the only one who has commented... surely we are not the only ones?? I just want some help... im so fed up and exhausted, i feel like i have tried everything, even the doctor gave me exercises to do but they were too sore to even think about doing!!!

Has yours gone...please tell me im not going to be like this forever? :cry:

Mine has gone thank goodness! It will go away. Honest. It went gradually but it took around 8 weeks until it got much better..... sorry to worry you.

As for physio - I hope it helps. When I went to doctors all they did was give me co-codamol, they were pretty useless. I went to the Osteopath and he worked wonders. He was an honest guy too and wouldnt have carried on treating me if nothing got better.

I'm sure quite a few people have mentioned it in the Baby Club bit....

Really hope it gets better soon. But as I said.... BioFreeze was just heaven in a tube for me

xxx

I used to suffer terrible sciatica from a fractured spine and slipped disc. The only tablets that ever helped the sciatica were diclofenac, that I used to take 4 times a day and also amitryptiline that I took once before bed that would help me sleep.

Honestly, I just hear people talk about sciatica, I do not know how it feels however, my prayers are with you. Just stick to what the doctors tell you and hopefully this problem will melt away.

I have been told by my the Doctor that I have sciatica, she has given me exercises to do which relieves it so much. It is quite painful, sorry to hear you are going through it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->