screaming and tantrums

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok so Rhys has finally reached that dramatic, on the floor, tantrum stage...

what should i do? should i just ignore him or continue to punish him for whatever he did wrong in the 1st place?

for example: rhys just pulled the cats tail which he finds extremely funny. i pulled his hand away and firmly told him no. now usually if he does it again i would put him in time out, which he used to respond well too. but now he just falls to the floor kicking and screaming and major tantruming because ive said no.

What i would do/actually do lol
Is once you have told him no for pulling the cats tail and then he starts kicking off just ignore it, Jack does exactly the same thing, he uaually then comes to me after the tantrum

Just make sure there is nothing he can hurt himself on and walk away

He is pushing his boundries now to see exactly what he can get away with

i love kids lol!!!

since i posted hes done exactly what i wrote about... grr!

aww hun, i would ignore him and he will proabably come to you after he has had his trantum and calmed down.

yeah, ignore him, tantrums are there to seeking attention, isn't it.

so if he doesn't get the seeked attention, he will stop the tantrum as he realises it doesn't help him!

on top, I would explain him firstly, why he is not allowed to pull the tail of the cat.
I would say, it hurts the cat, when he pulls the tail and would ask him if he would like it, if sb would come along and cause him pain!

I always ignore it, but if it goes on for quite along time then i crouch down next to my daughter and ask her why she is still crying and that when mummy says no it means no but doesnt mean that she has to cry, then i just go and explain what she had done and she just says ' sorry mummy' then gives me a hug. But sometimes even talking to her is out of the question!! Then best thing to do is ignore and just say something random if the screaming gets too much and say right its time to sing/dance!

Works for me! Good Luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->