Screaming during feeds

Hippiemomlife

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I've had troubles breastfeeding my LO since day one, he is now 3 months old and I have not given up but it feels like every feed is a fight. He will not latch without a nipple shield during the day, but he has no problem at night without one. But that's not my main issue... he suckles so so fast, screams and pulls away from my breast, and then tries suckling again in a panic. I've tried getting him to latch properly, going to consultants, but no one seems to understand why he latches fine at night but not during the day, and why he screams constantly during feeds. I know my let down was really fast initially and that's why he fussed before, but now after 3 months it's way better, plus he has the nipple shield to stop the heavy flow, so I don't know what the problem is. Does anyone have any advice? It's so stressful to have him scream every feed... :(

Oh bless him. My LO used to do this when he was smaller. Ours was down to wind and also due to my milk coming out to fast. I used to have to burp him quite often and eventually it did stop. X

When we were having issues someone told me to use infacol which I did buy but never used as he suddenly stopped doing it. X

I'm currently trying to get LO back on breast after a long hiatus and he's also 3 months. I'm curious if anyone has suggestions because I don't and he screams every feed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->