Screaming every night?

S

Serene123

Caitlyn's happy all day, and during the night, but around 10pm every night she gets really upset. She's in bed with me so it's not because she wants me. She just won't go to sleep before that and then at 10pm she will SCREAM constantly for an hour untill she's so tired she falls asleep. Is she over tired? Hungry? I don't know what's wrong. Could be her teeth, but why would that be at the same time every night?

:(

Grace had got into a habit of waking up at 11 every night for a while, crying. I tried feeding her but she didnt want it, i tried winding, cuddling. Only thing that worked was putting stuff on her gums and giving her something to bite on so I assume it was her teeth. But then I got confused because I thought it was odd it would be at the same time every night?

sounds like a late bedtime to me.what time does she get up?
Teddy goes to bed at 7pm - any later and we're guaranteed for him to have a screaming session.

She will drink water but when she's done she screams again

Sounds like she could be over tired to me. I know Hannah will scream when she's overly tired (and for a few weeks early on it happened every evening!!)

She gets up 8-9am but she wakes alot in the night for feeds still.

She might be overtired/overstimulated... Have you tried putting her to bed earlier? Could be teeth too, but Ive been told the first set usually hurt the most.

Dont know if you use a dummy or if she will take one but id try and cut some feeds out, i think i remember you saying she still feeds 4-5 times??? I dont think there is a need for that many, it is just comfort feeding.

She has 6 teeth already. She won't go to sleep earlier, maybe I should get her up earlier tomorrow

Dont know if you use a dummy or if she will take one but id try and cut some feeds out, i think i remember you saying she still feeds 4-5 times??? I dont think there is a need for that many, it is just comfort feeding.

She won't take a dummy. I still feed on demand.

hmm I dunno what to suggest, she needs to learn nighttime is for sleep though.

hi im new.

dont know what to suggest.

my baby (5mnths) goes to bed at 8,wakes once in night for a bottle then gets up for day at 8ish.

maybe she needs more sleep.

She does sleep alot. Alot more than I'd expect a 7month old to sleep.

The screaming by 10 is a classic sign she needs to go to bed earlier, or she needs another nap. If she is waking up 4-5 times a night then all those times are going to interrupt and affect her sleep. So 10-8 or 9 really isnt as much as you think.

I had this problem with max for 2 weeks until i made him nap and extra 30 min during the day , it doesnt mean they have to sleep but he gose sin his crib with his blankie and relaxes

But you should really try to cut out some feeds hun , shes 7 months old and should be waking for comfort feeds its only going to get harder for you later to get sleep

Now's the time to start getting her in a bedtime routine. Kaya goes to bed at 7pm and gets up between 6am & 7am. She also has at least an hour to two hours napping during the day. She's a nightmare to get to bed if she's overtired and actually wakes up a lot more.. Have you got a bed guard yet? At 7 months we were putting Kaya down in our bed at about 7pm with the bed guard at one side and pillows on the other. We had to stop doing this as she started sleep crawling and once crawled right off the bed, so we then started he in her own bed then brought her through when we went to bed. The other option is a mattress on the floor.

Hannah's the same if overtired it can take up to an hour to get her down. I'd try moving her bedtime earlier and see how she responds

Oh and we only managed to get Kaya down to one feed a night at 11 months and only then when she was moved to her own bed. Since pregnancy sickness kicked in she's coming into bed with us again about 11pm and she feeds 3-4 times in the night (still a lot less than she was feeding at 7 months during the night!)

I'd put her to bed earlier aswell, we used to put Jasmine to bed at 9:30pm and she was constantly crying when I put her down now she goes to bed around 8:30pm and sleeps alot better

Brennan has been doing the same thing the past couple of nights, it is not at the same time but he will spend an hour crying. I hold him, nurse him, rock him, whatever and he just cries. I am talking to the doctor about it tomorrow. I can't take much more. I am thinking it is the teeth, but if it could be anything else, we have to sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->