Screaming every night?

I put her to bed at 8pm, alright so far! See how it goes I guess. I think she is overtired, although she does nap ALOT in the day. I'm pretty sure she's only awake 8 hours max.

Good luck for the rest of the night :hugs:

Hey hun, remember you saying that Cailtyn was cruising along the furniture now and crawling for a while, maybe she is using up tonnes more energy and is getting tired more, i know when Rhiannon started crawling she had to have an extra 30 mins a day, she now wakes at 7am(ish) has a 1,5-2hr nap around 11am then a 30 min nap around 4pm then bath and bed around 6.30pm 7pm..

i know Rhiannon doesnt like me around her all the time too, is Cailtyn pushing you away when she is crying? If so it could be that she wants to go to sleep by herself or just lay down by herself??

:hugs:

its horrible when they cant tell you isnt it, i hate all this guess work x

As cute as co-sleeping is, I do agree that there is a time when they do really just need their own space to sleep... I think it eventually becomes too overstimulating for them, especially if your bfing and they can smell you (think of smelling your favorit meal all night). Just my opinion... you just seem to be having lots of night probs lately...

Good luck with the sleeping though!

For the past week we've actually been fine during the night, although Caitlyn has taken to crawling away from me when she sleeps and sleeping not cuddled up to me. I think she does like her own space. I'll move her into her own bed soon and see what she prefers. I'd rather she moves away from me than I push her. However I know there's a line and eventually she will need to be moved, willing or not. No rush, just go with the flow. She's still asleep. It is nice to have free hands and not type one handed! :D

Yaaaay, clever girl Cailtyn :happydance:

could be she was going through a growth spurt?? :shrug:

i know my next door neighbour would always get cramp type pains in his legs every day around 4pm (after school ie. standing running all day)...and his was growing pains...

just trying to think outside of the box... (surprised you cant hear my cogs whirrring lol)

x

Ahh bless!! I think its lovely! But the 10pm thing sounds like she may need more longer naps to me.

I was putting my girl down at 10 (roughly when I was going to sleep), big mistake! She was grumpy and overtired and waking at half 9 in the morning which (when I get back to work) is no good, I'm getting her down earlier now (my goal is 7) and she's down at 8 now and wakes at half 6, gives you a bit of time to yourself in the evenings, shes in her own bed and when you see how sprawled out she is you can really see they need that room to stretch out! She naps between every feed during the day, so about 4 or five naps at half an hour each and can still manage to sleep through the night so I wouldnt worry about her sleeping loads as its totally normal!
When your feeding before bed do you think she is getting enough? I found my milk wasnt enough in the evenings and she wanted loads more than I had to get her full?? Might explain why shes waking so often through the night too?
I also made sure at night, things are quiet and dont speak to her or change a nappy (unless its dirty), during the day I make sure theres plenty of light so she learned the difference between night and day quickly,
However I will point out that if I wasnt going back to work her routine of going down a bit later and getting up a bit later was working fine too, its just not convenient for work thats all, if the times are ok for you then I dont see why you need to change it? Not everyone is an early riser?!

I'm changing it because she's grumpy at night in the routine she's in now. She went down at 8pm tonight and is still there now. Normally she would be getting really grumpy with me. I'll see how things go with her going to bed earlier.

Thank you all for your advice!

I'm changing it because she's grumpy at night in the routine she's in now. She went down at 8pm tonight and is still there now. Normally she would be getting really grumpy with me. I'll see how things go with her going to bed earlier.

Thank you all for your advice!

It might take a few days for her to get used to the new times, charlotte took a couple of days to get used to it but stick with it! Maybe try and get some shut eye yourself just now while shes down as she may be up and ready for the day a little earlier?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->